Outrage

A

Anonymous

In the cover for the bootleg of Iron Maiden in Dublin 31/08/05, Tap's Christmas Eddie Artwork is stolen and used in the cover picture. Does Tap know of this and if so has he allowed his work to be used?

[attachment deleted by admin]

I don't like seeing Tap's work stolen either, but maybe this is a sign that his talent is starting to be known throughout the entire Maiden fan community (not just this board). If so, we can maintain hope that the band themselves will someday see it and let him do the next album cover! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I would show my friends, and say..."I know the guy who does covers for Maiden." And it would be good.

Well, since this is a BOOTLEG, which I believe if Im not mistaken means basically, "stolen music", then wouldnt it be safe to say that the cover will be stolen as well?.....hmmmm

Never seen an authorized cover of a bootleg. [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Panos the clansman+Oct 8 2005, 10:29 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Panos the clansman @ Oct 8 2005, 10:29 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--](P.S. How come TL hasn't replied yet????????)
[snapback]119921[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It's quite possible he has a life outside this forum, and hasn't seen this topic yet because he doesn't spend every waking moment here.

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Like I do.
/me sad[/span]

UNBELIEVABLE.

First Aardshock and now this? I've heard that thievery is the next best thing to flattery , but this is starting to get ridiculous.

The clown over at Aardshock has ignored my email asking him to pick up a number of T-shirts for me as compensation...go figure.

I hate to have to put a big COPYRIGHT across Eddies face everytime I post a new image , but it might be something I have to do......ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I wouldnt worry about. The people that matter, (maidenfans) know who the real artist is. [!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Its just too bad your work has to be altered. Do you have a slightly hidden signiture you put on the Eddies you do? Like Riggs had? Just to show the Eddies are yours.

Aardshock is a magazine, right Tap? I suggest looking into legal options...don't think you can do anything with this cover, though.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Oct 9 2005, 02:17 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Oct 9 2005, 02:17 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Aardshock is a magazine, right Tap?  I suggest looking into legal options...don't think you can do anything with this cover, though.
[snapback]120008[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I agree Aardshock must be liable for that kind of plagerism. I haven't actually seen what they did but if its anything like this there must be legal options. You should at least write a formal letter to their offices asking for some kind of compensation or you will be taking legal advice about the matter. Should put the shits up em [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-where_eddie_dares+Oct 7 2005, 11:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(where_eddie_dares @ Oct 7 2005, 11:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Never seen an authorized cover of a bootleg. [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]119857[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I have, actually. There are some Led Zeppelin bootlegs out there which have covers drawn by professional artists exclusively for these releases.

what is this aardshok thing? what if we form ourselves and army and go invade these people. We can call ourselves Taps Legion!

I'm not impressed by this and its a shame that these things happen.

On the positive side, it means that Tap's art is getting noticed... but with no credit to you...

Perhaps you should email Sanctuary or someone with your art just to show them, they may be impressed and at least they'll all know the real artist.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Oct 8 2005, 05:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Oct 8 2005, 05:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Bootlegs are illegal anyway.
[snapback]119916[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Wrong. It's illegal to record them. Not to trade them

Back