Orchestral interpretations

Some nice ideas - a slow version of Icarus works surprisingly well - but it gets monotonous. Whoever arranged this wrote most of it with that Renaissance sound; lack of variety hurts.

I really like Flight of Icarus. Nice chorus. Isle of Avalon and Dance of Death were nice to hear as well.

Didn't impress me that much, but this kind of things always show how well written Maiden's music is...

Very cool. Sounded a bit under-rehearsed to my ears... then again, getting that many guitar players under control would certainly be a monumental task! :p (I joke... but I played drums for a six-player electric guitar ensemble once upon a time. It takes a hell of a lot of group rehearsing to get things tight!)

Loving the fact that they've not just gone for the obvious... they chose pieces that would translate well to the instrument. Very cool to hear Isle of Avalon in there especially.

@Lego that orchestra is comprised of beginner and advanced students, faculty, public school students, and community members. Good job I think.

Back