Opeth

By Request, Part 1 - Orchid:

• Total voters
Unless they pull some rare treats out of their vault (which is unlikely for what will most likely be an 8-song set), I’ll pass.

My guess as to the set:

1. Something from the newest album
2. Cusp of freaking Eternity, because that’s obviously a better song than Ghost of Perdition
3. Something from Blackwater Park to please the 30+ crowd, but definitely not the title track, because that would be too cool
4. The Lotus Eater, or something from Heritage (because the albums before Blackwater Park don’t exist anymore)
5. Windowpane or Hope Leaves (feat. Mikael in ghost costume and/or pointy witch hat)
6. Demon of the Fall
7. Sorceress
8. Deliverance
I can all but guarantee they won’t change a single thing from the setlist they played in the fall.

New songs from In Cauda Venenum (Connoisseur Edition)!

Pöbeln / The Mob

Cirkelns Riktning / Width Of A Circle

Frihet & Tyranni / Freedom & Tyranny
Up on Spotify in HQ now.

Opeth posted today the final setlist will have 13 songs. One from each album. Here's my Evolution XXX setlist:

1. In Mist She Was Standing
  2. The Night And The Silent Water
  3. Demon Of The Fall
  4. Godhead's Lament
  5. The Drapery Falls
  6. A Fair Judgement
  7. Windowpane
  8. Atonement
  9. Hex Omega
  10. The Lines In My Hand
  11. Eternal Rains Will Come
  12. Sorceress
  13. Dignity

Opeth posted today the final setlist will have 13 songs. One from each album. Here's my Evolution XXX setlist:

1. In Mist She Was Standing
  2. The Night And The Silent Water
  3. Demon Of The Fall
  4. Godhead's Lament
  5. The Drapery Falls
  6. A Fair Judgement
  7. Windowpane
  8. Atonement
  9. Hex Omega
  10. The Lines In My Hand
  11. Eternal Rains Will Come
  12. Sorceress
  13. Dignity
I guess it's time to lock in studio to record the next album.

Thinking of going to Barcelona for that show. Initially wanted to go to Berlin but it's an all-seats show and I can't imagine sitting down when they start playing Black Rose Immortal.

Trying to keep up track of Opeth tour announcements and dates, and I feel like I'm on the fifth season of "LOST".
I have a ticket for Sep '22, which was announced 3 years ago and postponed two or three times. It supposed to be new album tour, but in between those cancelations, they announced "By request" tour which had the same date as one of the cancelled tours that I had the ticket for, but now on their webpage it says "By request" tour starts in Nov '22? So I guess I'm seeing a new album tour? Or something similar to what these April USA dates had? Complete clusterfuckus vulgaris...

Yeah, this guy is truly a fill-in and I'm shocked they kept him beyond the first tour.

What happened with Axenrot? I liked his nuanced drumming, didn‘t know he left a while ago.

He left maybe 6-8 months ago? Not very long. Right before their fall/winter US tour, I think? The only thing they said was "conflict of interests" and no one has expanded on that.

Back