Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: New 2 day countdown added to Maiden's site!

Just because they took away the free forum, it doesn't mean the server still can't crash or the site won't majorly slow down from too much traffic.

Also, as Jonszat pointed out above, the Rockline show doesn't start until 4 and a half hours after the countdown runs out.

im guessing its the album art

hockeyguy666 said:
im guessing its the album art
I'm hoping it's not a countdown JUST for that. Based on the facts that the album is due out in August and new album release dates are usually mentioned around 2 months in advance, I bet we'll get a release date as well as cover art and possibly a track listing and new single.

As you see, there are no buttons on the website, so, I hope when they will put them back, I hope they will open the forum too.

fonzbear2000 said:
I'm hoping it's not a countdown JUST for that. Based on the facts that the album is due out in August and new album release dates are usually mentioned around 2 months in advance, I bet we'll get a release date as well as cover art and possibly a track listing and new single.

Everyone is hoping for this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only 14 hours and 12 minutes....!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, now are there, but yesterday, it was just s simple page without any link, of course, without maidenshop.

fonzbear2000 said:
I really hope you're right about that!
Maiden always manages to come up with a different sound and style for every album so I'm sure it won't be like AMOLAD.

Honestly, this sort of thing perplexes me everytime I hear it.  Sure I love Maiden to death, and there's some variation from album (some more than others), but there's always a core sound that never changes.  Maiden's discography is not that diverse, people.

GuineaPig said:
Honestly, this sort of thing perplexes me everytime I hear it.  Sure I love Maiden to death, and there's some variation from album (some more than others), but there's always a core sound that never changes.  Maiden's discography is not that diverse, people.

I think the core sound has changed every couple albums:

Iron Maiden
Killers

NOTB
Piece of Mind
Powerslave

SIT
SSOASS

NPFTD
FOTD

X Factor
Virtual XI

BNW
DOD
AMOLAD

Obviously there will be some things that don't change but they've varied quite a lot for one band.

Every band has a core that never changes. Even Rush, which for famous to have totally different albums, if you hear a song of theirs starts to play and no one tells you it's them, and you know them quite well, you'll probably guess 'it's Rush, sounds like Rush'. I think Maiden albums are quite different and the essence is what makes them recognizable.

Ok, here's my 5 cents : It will be streaming on line of the new single.

The artwork or the play-list are enough important to deserve an official pre-announcement but not such a countdown.
The group knows very well that a considerable number of fans are 30+
and some creditability will be lost to the eyes of older fans, for only the artwork*
IM management is enough experienced to avoid such mistakes.

We'll see soon, though  :) 

*Except if it concerns a first class of an artwork, like Powerslave, not likely though

Usually, if I play even a very obscure song to a few friends of mine who like Maiden, they usually recognise that it is Maiden without me having to tell them.  Songs as diverse as Reach Out and The Edge of Darkness, for example.  There is a core Maiden sound, there's no denying it.  That doesn't mean that the albums aren't different, of course.  Each Maiden album has its own sound, but it still sounds like Maiden.

Re: 2 hours to go on the countdown! EVERYONE! Get in here and party!

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: Just a little over 3 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey:
2 and a half hours!!!!!!!!  :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey:
Just 2 hours now!!!  :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

This is definitely exciting news. I'm guessing it'll probably be a new song. I don't think I've ever seen a band have a countdown to a tracklist or album art.

It will be 2 am here.
I'm so excited I can't do anything!
If it's a single I'll have to download it and listen on my Ipod, cause everyone's asleep.

Right if this is the new single and it's likely to be on the setlist, what will the spoiler rules be? Are we gonna talk about the song openly in this thread/or another or will we have to use spoiler tags because some people will undoubtedly want to hear the new song live for the first time and not know anything about it.

What are we gonna spoil by talking about it? The lyrics? You probably wouldn't be able to understand them live anyway.

Re: 90 minutes to go on the countdown! EVERYONE! Get in here and party!

Less than 90 minutes!!!  :yey: :yey: :yey:

If it's a new song, we can talk about it openly. The only way it would be a spoiler to someone is if they listened to it before their show.

Re: 90 minutes to go on the countdown! EVERYONE! Get in here and party!

if its a new song i wont listen to it. I see maiden in 7 days and ill wait :) i hope the announcement is that the Final Frontier thing is a joke and announce the real title.... but i saw a FF tshirt at hot topic so i know now its a done deal

Back