Official Football Thread

CIrLOz4WsAA71Vh.png

@The Flash :D Who would you rather sell now, Ospina or Szc?

Hiddink quits as coach of the Netherlands. Danny Blind will take over immediately. More information within a few days.

Just saw excerpts from the press conference of the US women's football team before tomorrow's semi-final against Germany. The first player who answered questions is named Krieger ...

Ronaldinho confirmed his move to Antalyaspor. Ronaldinho & Eto'o partnership reunited in the most unexpected of places. A newly promoted Turkish league team.

Podolski is really going to Galatasaray. Also, Begovic is gonna sign for Chelsea's bench, Stoke already have replacement in place (Jack Butland).

Podolski is a decent move, could make a difference if he embraces the club. But the team still needs to make a lot of moves to be competitive in the Champions League, we're bound to be out in the group stage as things stand.

Caught the Argentina-Paraguay Copa America Semi Final match yesterday. The Argentinian offensive line just isn't fair. They've got Gonzalo Higuain, Carlos Tevez and Ezequiel Lavezzi backing up Angel Di Maria, Lionel Messi and Sergio Agüero.

Premier League is becoming ridiculously strong this year, mostly because of the increase in TV rights money. Teams from the lower half of the table can easily get a player from a team battling for CL/EL in other leagues. Payet -> West Ham, Shaqiri -> Stoke, Cabaye -> Crystal Palace or West Ham, Deulofeu -> Everton etc.

Andre Ayew > Swansea as well.

Look out for Dimitri Payet. Great player, perfect fit for Premier League. He could be special.

Milan officially signed Carlos Bacca and Luiz Adriano today :nana:

I think there's gonna be a mass exodus from Russia (new limit for foreigners in the team) and Ukraine (war) this summer. I hope we manage to sign Witsel, there are already contacts but he's gonna cost a lot.

Lukas Podolski officially a Galatasaray player. Good signing but we need more. A right back, a centre back, a central midfielder (if Felipe Melo leaves) and a forward, namely. Rivals Fenerbahçe is going on a rampage of transfers. Already signed the top goalscorer of last season, Simon Kjaer, added two players from Porto, Nani is almost a done deal, and they're on the verge of signing RvP as well. Beşiktaş is rather quiet, but they sold a couple of players (including Demba Ba) and got €30 million in return, I expect them to make a splash as well. The league could get a lot stronger this year and this has much to do with the lifting of the foreign player quota.

Last edited:
Should've put on Tevez, not Higuain the choker. Oh well, I did see most of the games but didn't really care who won as long as it wasn't Brazil.

Pirlo transfers to New York City FC (David Villa and Lampard play there). No doubt a great player, but still a traitorous backstabbing moneywhoring cunt.

Pirlo played for Inter before Milan. There's no betrayal for Milan's side. They offered him a 1 year deal, that means a mindset of "He's going to retire soon". That's an insult for a player of Pirlo's quality.

Back