Official Football Thread

The Czechs are running out of ideas. This looks bad. Turkey hit the post some minutes back. Man... thrilling match.

0-2. Merde.

Strange how feelings about this can change so quickly. :/ I was really in high spirits and hadn't expected that the Czech Republic would loose.

Well: the Czechs sucked. Thanks for nothing. I am confident we'll beat them on Tuesday, although it probably won't help much.

Yeah nothing new, but I can't stand it anyway.

Standings (top 4 countries only):
1. Iceland* 9-20 (17- 5)
2. Czech Republic* 9-19 (16-12)
3. Turkey 9-15 (13- 9)
4. Netherlands 9-13 (15-11)
* qualified

Tuesday (top 4 countries only):
Netherlands - Czech Republic
Turkey - Iceland

Turkey only needs one point vs Iceland, no matter what the Netherlands will do.

It's not happening Foro. Turkey are playing fine football, the only game they sucked was the first game of the qualifiers against Iceland. They've been the better team in every single match since then. Poor finishing and lack of luck are the only reasons they weren't able to qualify directly.

The Dutch team only has themselves to blame. They've been flat out horrible in this qualifiers. Losing 3-0 in the most crucial match of the qualifiers is unacceptable.

Iceland are still good. Let's hope some more Turks underestimate them. Hopefully the players. :D I admit Icedland wasn't excellent today, and had some luck in their last match vs us, but they are good. I didn't think Turkey was very impressive today. The Czechs sucked. The Dutch were good, with lots of new players. But this comes all too late, that's 99% sure.

Well no shame in keeping hopes up. But Turkey is not throwing this away. At least not on this stage. They might shit their pants in the Playoffs.

Btw I'm not underestimating Iceland by any means. They're the best team of the group. But a big reason why Czechs were awful today is that they had nothing at stake.

No, but winning a game might improve the rating (UEFA national team coefficient), which in turn might influence on seedings in the playoffs (or the tournament itself). But that's minor motivation compared to that of playing for a direct qualification.

Congrats Albania! First Euro qualification in history (or any other major tournament)!

Group I:
1. Portugal 8-21 (11- 5) (direct qualification)
2. Albania 8-14 (10- 5) (direct qualification)
3. Denmark 8-12 ( 8- 5) (play-offs)
4. Serbia 8- 4 ( 8-13)
5. Armenia 8- 2 ( 5-14)

Tonight's big games:

Germany - Georgia
Poland - Ireland

Current standing in Group D (only the 3 highest nations):
1. Germany 9-19 (22- 8)
2. Poland 9-18 (31- 9)
3. Ireland 9-18 (18- 5)

Last edited:
Poland - Ireland: 1-0!

Immediately afterwards: a penalty for Ireland for a foul that was committed outside the box!

1-1!

Last edited:
I refuse to congratulate Albania. I thought it was wrong to award them the win in the first place, and when the guy who poured fuel on the fire with that flag was celebrated as a hero ... bah. That 2nd place is rightfully Denmark's. Albania should've been 3rd.

Back