Official Football Thread

And about Bergkamp: he could still be an assistant to, say, Henry, except he wouldn't go to European matches. Would still be valuable to have him just for the league. And for super important matches he could still take a bus/train/drive. Like if they play in Paris, Google tells me it's just a 2-3h train ride.

Yeah. I'd much rather see Henry/Bergkamp than any other manager, to be honest. Don't care if they fail, it'd be something to get excited about.

Fucking hell, Van Gaal just said that Rojo, Carrick AND Blind AND Jones are out of the Chelsea game. Rooney will most likely play DM again since there's no one else left, meaning it's likely 3-man defence is making a return :confused:

Arsenal through to the FA Cup Final. Could be the best season in years if the team didn't shit their pants against Monaco at Emirates.

Shouldn't get too relaxed, Aston Villa is in great form under Tactics Tim. They are definitely capable of pulling another upset, Benteke is in crazy good form (though there's still 40 days till the final).

Arsenal through to the FA Cup Final. Could be the best season in years if the team didn't shit their pants against Monaco at Emirates.
Second place and the FA Cup would still be the best season they've had in years, but Arsenal have the capability to totally fuck this up.

As long as Barcelona and Real don't win, I'm fine. Juve hadn't been an elite team in ages, it's good to see them back there.

I wouldn't be able to stand seeing that smug fuck Allegri winning the CL after running Milan into the ground. Luckily, I can't see Juventus beating any of those 3 teams.

Bayern > Barcelona > Real >>>>> Juve

I think Berlusconi and Galliani are more to blame for Milan's irrelevancy in the last couple of years. Allegri did what he was told to do.

I think Berlusconi and Galliani are more to blame for Milan's irrelevancy in the last couple of years.
I don't blame Galliani that much... Berlusconi doesn't want to give him any money so he works out what he can... which are free transfers and loans. Don't think anyone else could've done better. It's all Berlusconi's fault. Just few weeks ago he was asked about Milan in an interview and he responded with something like "Who cares about Milan...".

Allegri won the title with an already built team in his first season with Milan, which is what's happening in his first season with Juve too. Both boards buy players they want and ask him nothing, which will end up in him getting kicked out of Juve too. He won't be able to hold on to Pogba and Vidal for too long. If Morata explodes next season, Real Madrid will buy him back. Tevez is leaving either this or next summer. Buffon, Barzagli, Chiellini, Liechtsteiner, Evra, Pirlo are all in their 30's. So when the team Conte built starts falling apart, Allegri will too, because he's incapable of building a new one from scratch.

Man City getting lucky today ... their first goal is an absolute gift from the Villa keeper and then at the end, at 2-1 to City, Benteke is wrongfully found to be offside - in a situation where Hart brings him down. Should have been a penalty and a red card ...

Edit: the situation with Benteke was of course at 2-2.

Last edited:
Back