Off-Topic posting and Updated Forum Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
Hello Maidenfans!

There have been increasing complaints on the forum recently regarding serious threads being taken off-topic. While nobody minds a small one-off joke being posted, the trend has been for these tangents to take over the entire thread themselves, burying any relevant discussion or information. To wit, the rules have been updated:
The Rules said:
In order to encourage quality discussion, moderators may delete any post of non-substantial content. This includes posts containing just emoticons, one or two words ("Yes!", "I agree!"), posts that contain simply a link with no comment from the user on the subject matter, or posts that intentionally derail serious discussion. Posters who violate this rule repeatedly will be subject to the moderation process.

Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post
Can I Play with Madness?
Meaningless Polls

Non-serious replies to this thread will be deleted in accordance with the above changes to the rules.

Yours sincerely,
Mosh & the Moderation Team

To signpost people to the less serious threads. Much like Camelot, it is a silly place.

Can a member start a new topic or thread? I don't see any option to do that.
If you've just joined, you won't be able to do that just yet. You have to have been a member for a little while and participated in existing threads. This was brought in to stop the spambots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back