NOW PLAYING

Manowar - Highlights from The Revenge of Odisseus EP (2022)
(Metal) Album No. 291/365

View attachment 23932

I must admit Manowar do quality works in general. Haven't heard that yet, but they got the Achilles epic just right. (Poem of Iliad is not about Trojan War in general, it's one among a series of (lost) epics and this particular is dealing with the anger of Achilles and its consequences).

Problem is that Iliad has so many sequences, characters and things going on that in the end you lose track and overlook the fact that all the poem happens in about 50 days and which only 4 or 5 of them are actioned in the poem (the rest are described in fast fwd mode as "more 12 days have passed" this kind of thing)

Here they hire two Epidaurus-level actors and Sakis from Rotting Christ translated the text into ancient Greek.

I must admit Manowar do quality works in general. Haven't heard that yet, but they got the Achilles epic just right. (Poem of Iliad is not about Trojan War in general, it's one among a series of (lost) epics and this particular is dealing with the anger of Achilles and its consequences).

Problem is that Iliad has so many sequences, characters and things going on that in the end you lose track and overlook the fact that all the poem happens in about 50 days and which only 4 or 5 of them are actioned in the poem (the rest are described in fast fwd mode as "more 12 days have passed" this kind of thing)

Here they hire two Epidaurus-level actors and Sakis from Rotting Christ translated the text into ancient Greek.
It’s a 4 tracks EP and there’s just one played song ( the final track) the first three are talked. I think Manowar could be release something much better than this or reunite more songs and release a proper album.

Thursday is finally the day I'm going to see Volbeat live in Antwerp! I am so looking forward to it!

Servant of the Mind is a fantastic album and to finally hear songs like Shotgun Blues, Scared Stones and Temple of Ekur live is going to be amazing!

Last edited:
A short fast song like this with the same structure, instrumental section/melodies and chorus would have suited Senjutsu just great imo.
^ I thought about something - Nicko said he wrote a song for Senjutsu, but because of the overall strong material for the album and because he was a bit ashamed, he didn't present it. I mean, it could have been a fast short rocker with a catchy chorus like ''New Frontier'' (he also wrote a song for AMOLAD album), just what the album needs imo (not that it's not great as it is). And with a theme like ''race car driver'', it should be a fast rocker. I would have putted it after ''Darkest Hour''. It would be surprising (or maybe not) if he wrote an epic... though remember he plays bass like Steve!
It's time for a McBrain/Harris song!

Bruce girlfriend also thinks that Bruce is a Masterpiece :lol:

1667857701646-gif.23564

It's time for a McBrain/Harris song!
"Mission From Nicko", yes!

I'm the one out there all on my own
You're not standing there
The sum of my parts
It's a different situation

So we only get one chance, can we take it?
Is it worth the risk?

You can't protect yourselves!!!

[Chorus]:
A mission from
On a mission from
It's a mission from
Fuck my old boots!!!

Back