NOW PLAYING

Damn, the memories... I had the Donington gig (or rather about an hour of it) on tape more than thirty years ago, from a pal who had it from a pal who had recorded it from the Friday Rock Show, you could hear Tommy Vance introduce it...

Damn, the memories... I had the Donington gig (or rather about an hour of it) on tape more than thirty years ago, from a pal who had it from a pal who had recorded it from the Friday Rock Show, you could hear Tommy Vance introduce it...

Fantastic gig. You can really hear the scope of the audience on the recording - it just sounds massive. Shame they never put out the full thing. We've got the 8 songs on the BBC Archives and the 4 songs on the Claivoyant 7" and 12"....

The Evil That Men Do, Can I Play With Madness, Wasted Years, Run To The Hills, 22 Acacia Avenue, 2 Minutes, Running Free and Sanctuary still not released officially from that gig :confused:

It was recorded in video, isn't it? because there is footage in the Clairvoyant video

Yeah it was definitely professionally filmed or at least part of it I guess.

There's also a complete video on YouTube where the source is someone videotaping the big screens at the side of the stage...so it's an audience tape but zoomed in well enough to "sorta" qualify enough as a very, very grainy pro shot :lol:

What do you mean?
As I've mentioned more than once, my four favourite Maiden albums are the debut, Killers, SiT and Seventh Son?
You are correct — somehow I’d gotten it in my head that you’d said it was your least favorite of the 80s, but you in fact said the opposite. Interesting that you like their roughest and most refined albums, and the stuff in between is what bores you...

Back