NOW PLAYING

I actually haven't. On the other hand, Enforcer - From Beyond is definitely one of my favourite albums from the last ten years.
I'll check it out. Death By Fire was my first time hearing them (think I first heard about them in 2013 though). See No Evil is a great song to check out from that Holy Soldier debut. I hear some Dokken and Stryper in there, but beyond that I think the sound is pretty original and damn good. Pretty hard hitting glam with a good dose of trad heavy metal. Maybe it reminds of a more serious Power of the Night? It's good regardless.

Iron Maiden - Age of Innocence

Very few songs by Iron Maiden are irredeemable. I've been known to limit the list to one in the past. But this track is pretty fucking bad. There's an ok solo and when I'm reaching to the solos to look for something ok, that's a problem.

The music is bland and sappy, the lyrics are naff, there is a "Bruce rap" bit. This is easily the worst reunion-era song and possibly one of the 2-3 worst ever for the band.

Iron Maiden - Age of Innocence

Very few songs by Iron Maiden are irredeemable. I've been known to limit the list to one in the past. But this track is pretty fucking bad. There's an ok solo and when I'm reaching to the solos to look for something ok, that's a problem.

The music is bland and sappy, the lyrics are naff, there is a "Bruce rap" bit. This is easily the worst reunion-era song and possibly one of the 2-3 worst ever for the band.
I think there are a couple of worse songs on DoD than Age of Innocence. It has a great chorus at least, the same cannot be said about Gates of Tomorrow, for example.

I think there are a couple of worse songs on DoD than Age of Innocence. It has a great chorus at least, the same cannot be said about Gates of Tomorrow, for example.
Yeah, I'm not high on that one either, Bruce is quite bad on the chorus, but I like the bridge and the guitar sound on it. I don't like the chorus on Age of Innocence myself.

81YfB-PBN5L._SS500_.jpg

I recommend you to listen to: ''Boyz Are Gonna Rock'', ''Love Kills'' and ''That Time Of Year'' from VVI. ;)
Edit: also ''Back On The Streets''

Per your recommendation, I'll check them out again in a bit. I didn't like that album nor did I like All Systems Go. Just a bit, I don't know, generic? That riff on No Substitute is pure 70's KISS to the bone though. I love listening to that riff.

Todays plays:

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana (2017)
Etoile de Dakar - Star Band de Dakar: Psicodelia Afro-Cubana de Senegal
Günter Schickert - Samtvogel (1974)
Annexus Quam - Osmose (1970)
Goblin - Roller (1976)

Back