NOW PLAYING

KISS - I Still Love You

Pretty underrated song, in my opinion. The first, I don't know, 20 odd times I heard this album, I always thought of this song as the 'obligatory long, drawn-out ballad'. Back in October my ex at the time bought me this on CD and it stayed in my truck's CD player for a few weeks. Ever since I re-listened to this album in full this song has really stuck with me. There's a few hurdles to jump through when trying to fully enjoying this song (it's cheesy, it's a KISS ballad, it is six fucking minutes, etc.) but I think at the core it is a good damn KISS song.

Paul Stanley, very surprising, puts a lot into his vocal performance. The underlying synths during the verses add an atmospheric feel to the ballad and I love how the synths fade out to silence when the harder edged riffs of the pre-chorus and chorus come in. Great production and sound design on the track and it is not a shabbily written ballad either, the songwriting is engaging and there isn't any uninspired performances.

KISS - I Still Love You

It's a good ballad. They had played it quite a lot during the 80's. It's not better than ''Forever'', but it's a great typical ballad for the 80's. Paul's vocals on that song are amazing (like during the whole 80's). The whole album Creatures Of The Nights is great and one of the best albums from KISS.

For Gene the best KISS albums are Destroyer and Creatures Of The Night.

It's a good ballad. They had played it quite a lot during the 80's. It's not better than ''Forever'', but it's a great typical ballad for the 80's. Paul's vocals on that song are amazing (like during the whole 80's). The whole album Creatures Of The Nights is great and one of the best albums from KISS.

For Gene the best KISS albums are Destroyer and Creatures Of The Night.
Forever is quite good. That one and 'Tomorrow' from Unmasked are two of my favorite Paul Stanley songs. Gene's vocals on Destroyer and Creatures are quite good but my favorite performances from him are on the debut and Rock and Roll Over. Cold Gin and Calling Dr. Love are in a league of their own.

Dream Theater - Space-Dye Vest (live at Boston Opera House)
Unpopular opinion: I prefer this version to the studio version.

Back