NOW PLAYING

207825.jpg

New Age-y electronic by male/female duo Emerald Web, who toured and performed in planetariums across the US in the 70s and 80s and even composed some stuff for Carl Sagan. Can get a bit too cheesy at time, but still enjoyable headphone listening :)

Emerald Web - Manatee Dreams of Neptune (1990)

R-451985-1118131082.jpg.jpg

0ff6ec13-35c5-4bce-b2b8-3465a5a90fd2_1510617600.png

Ah man, its been awhile since I've given Enslaved a listen. Maybe even 4 years now since I listened to them. I remember that album, RIITIIR (hope i spelled that right), In Times, and Mardraum being dense, but really good. In fact, all their 2000's output I remember being worthwhile.

KISS - Psycho Circus

Looking back through their discography, I remember liking the keyboard work quite a bit on their debut. Frost is a classic, I still listen to that one every 5/6 months or so. Eld and Blodhemn I didn't like. They were a little long winded for me. Never heard Monumension or E. Below the Lights through Ruun were super awesome and I don't remember much from Axioma Ethica Odini.

Bolt Thrower - Eternal War.

Looking back through their discography, I remember liking the keyboard work quite a bit on their debut. Frost is a classic, I still listen to that one every 5/6 months or so. Eld and Blodhemn I didn't like. They were a little long winded for me. Never heard Monumension or E. Below the Lights through Ruun were super awesome and I don't remember much from Axioma Ethica Odini.

Bolt Thrower - Eternal War.

They've always been the odd ones out in a way. Even back in 1993-1994 they still had their own thing going while obviously being inspired by the second wave of BM and of course earlier acts like Bathory. Vertebrae is/was quite a polarizing album at the time - listening to it now it sounds very much like an album of its time, with clear late 00's post rock traits.

Yeah I got that feeling too. I can't really name any 2nd wave BM bands (that were as big as Enslaved) that experimented with the prog rock/post rock stuff at the same time Enslaved did. They definitely make bands like Immortal and Darkthrone sound a lot more blue collar in comparison.

KISS - Dance All Over Your Face

Way before that retro/stoner revival, you still had bands playing that classic Sabbath DOOM sound. Solitude Aeturnus from Texas doing it to perfection, here on their 1994 album Though The Darkest Hour....

Last edited:
Accept - Burning

Why they had to add a fake live performance at the start. The production of the song is not so great though - the song itself is amazing rocker with fantastic chorus! :yes:

Back