NOW PLAYING

Holy shit! Never knew there was an "official" live version of this. The big surprise to me is than even though the 1st solo is in the left channel (Dave's I assume), the 2nd is in the right?! I always thought Dave played both solos on the studio version... Also love the way they go straight into MITRM! But that intro lead for Murder is also in the right channel which I also always thought was Dave.

@Forostar, what's your take on this?

After further listen, thst 1st solo on this live version of Strange World was Adrian; 2nd was Dave. This live cd has the channels switched from the shorter official version of MJ: Dave is in right and H is in the left

Hi Terrell, that is not an official release. It's not from the real (released) Maiden Japan, but a great recording nonetheless. Dave has never done both solos in Strange World, unless they've done it live when he was the only guitar player on stage.

I know this version from The Big Heat, the best sounding bootleg from the Di'Anno era and one of the best ones (if not the best) from all Maiden bootlegs.

Maiden Japan is from a different recording date and venue: 23 May 1981. Kosei Nenkin Hall, Nagoya, Japan

This stuff is from 24 May 1981. Nakano Sun Plaza Hall, Tokyo, Japan

Last edited:
But there are different bootlegs from that same night. Another Live is from the same night, but less songs. And worse quality.

Holy shit! Never knew there was an "official" live version of this. The big surprise to me is than even though the 1st solo is in the left channel (Dave's I assume), the 2nd is in the right?! I always thought Dave played both solos on the studio version... Also love the way they go straight into MITRM! But that intro lead for Murder is also in the right channel which I also always thought was Dave.

@Forostar, what's your take on this?
I see @Forostar has already answered that but yeah, not official really.
Alas.
Great gig, and that line-up, on that tour, deserves an official release I think.

220px-Songs_of_Love_and_Hate_%28Godflesh_album%29.jpg

Back