NOW PLAYING

Do you actually think it's bad, or is that just Maiden-related?
Maiden have never released a bad song. Remember Tomorrow is just at the bottom of their discography. I can enjoy any Maiden song that comes on, but I don’t enjoy some half as much as others. RT is stupidly put together though.

As a rule I’m not a fan of things that sound or try to sound beautiful going heavy anyway. Omega and Infinite Dreams fail in this respect (but the first is actually a good song and the second works perfectly despite that).

Do you actually think it's bad, or is that just Maiden-related?

It's incredibly boring, but I won't go as far as labelling it a bad song. I put in the same category as, say, The Mercenary, of songs that feels like a chore to listen to (though I like the latter marginally better). Could it be because Maiden sets almost unrealistically high standards for their songs? Possibly. Would I rate it differently if it was made by another artist? Maybe, but probably not.
IMHO, Maiden has only made two songs that I would truly consider bad songs in every way (only counting album tracks): Drifter and Chains of Misery.

Reigning Days - Renegade

Anyone hear their cover of Speed of Light? It's one of the very few Maiden covers I actually like, these guys are so good!

Back