NOW PLAYING

One of their earliest songs, originally recorded for Manic Street Preachers 1991 EP You Love Us, re-recorded for charity. All profits go to Missing People, an independent charity and the only lifeline for missing people and their families in the UK, and The Trussell Trust, which supports a nationwide network of food banks and provides emergency food and support to people locked in poverty.

1724087744832.png

When you make fun of Catholicism, but unlike with Ghost, the joke is actually working

and when you do that heavy European PM thing, but you're miles ahead of Sabaton, musically.

Seriously, why have I been sleeping on this band so long?

When you make fun of Catholicism, but unlike with Ghost, the joke is actually working
and when you do that heavy European PM thing, but you're miles ahead of Sabaton, musically.
Seriously, why have I been sleeping on this band so long?
You're listening to the correct album for sure. I really wish they'd stuck with this particular sound, but what can you do?

You're listening to the correct album for sure. I really wish they'd stuck with this particular sound, but what can you do?

Okay, where to go next, then?

I have a bad feeling about it if a band keeps releasing orchestral versions of the albums and special editions of songs with other vocalists (especially if the vocalist is literally one of your strongest assets), so I'm kinda disinclined to check put the last albums already, but I want to check them out more.

Okay, where to go next, then?
Their sound changes over the next few albums until they settle on a poppier power metal sound that they more or less stick with afterward. Preachers Of The Night and the ones that follow are probably the next albums worth diving into, but IMO they never top Lupus Dei on overall album quality.

Back