NOW PLAYING

Just heard on radio first time ever. Good vibes. Guitar reminds me Dire Straits. Say what you want but 80's music, even pop, has something in it. Something good.

Edit: I jumped on a bicycle, had a ride around a lake, rain began to fall and I stormed back into grandma's home. Tv on, olympics, fencing. I swear, I heard in the background sample of this song. :scared: Wow. Universe is calling. Pretty interesting.
As a kid I thought it was Bryan Adams.
But one of the greatest songs of the 80's!
I really like 80´s pop songs like Cock Robin´s Promise You Made or The Outfield with Your Love, and Boys Of Summer fits nicely in that list.

Just heard on radio first time ever. Good vibes. Guitar reminds me Dire Straits. Say what you want but 80's music, even pop, has something in it. Something good.

Edit: I jumped on a bicycle, had a ride around a lake, rain began to fall and I stormed back into grandma's home. Tv on, olympics, fencing. I swear, I heard in the background sample of this song. :scared: Wow. Universe is calling. Pretty interesting.
Amazing song, love that one!

I'm currently listening to:

Actually as I was posting this, this album I queued up came on, underrated:

I used to feel, Tailgunner is their weakest opener but listening to the remastered version, it definitely sounds better. I mean, its no Aces High but still enjoyable. Not to mention, the instrumentals are fantastic, be it Holy Smoke, Public Enema Number One or Fates Warning.
''Tailgunner'' contains great riffs. It's effective and I wouldn't mind hearing it live. It's popular enough?

Agreed about the instrumental sections, especially given the songs length. The solos are also on point.
I think the biggest issue is the poor song writing…
I was talking about the sound. Not Maiden at their best (fact, btw imo FOTD has some much weaker songs), but apart from 2-3 songs, the songwriting is good imo, for the most part. The melodic ideas are great, the good ideas are there, but some choruses are weak. Early days/some 80's lesser songs level and better for sure. Plus the songs are shorter. The title track is a gem. The album just needed more songwriting time, some songs from Janick and a couple of longer songs. Better cover too.

Someone´s having a Molkothon.

1667857701646-gif.23564

Are you going all the way until their last one?
I really like Beautiful James and Sad White Reggae.

I will try and do that over the week. I am familiar with their earlier stuff, but have some catching up to do.

Back