Now Playing (Video Games)

Damn @Onhell , you're reminding me of all the fun I had in Fallout 3 8 or 9 years ago. It really is a blast, I wish I could go back and play it again for the first time.

I went over the achievements and realized some are given out 3 times for reaching certain levels as good, neutral or bad. Considering I have no idea how much is left of the game, how many more locations I can find, how much harder it's going to get I just thought, "No way I'm playing through this thing 2 more time just to get these achievements." Then again, I've played through AC2, ACB, ACR, AC4, Tomb Raider and the Bioshock series twice. Knowing what to do next or learning from mistakes streamlines the gameplay.

I wonder what would have happened had I locked up the overseer instead of killing him. In the moment, dude came at me and I fought back, I didn´t realize I could shove him in that room and lock him up until I started exploring once I was no longer in danger. Now my crush hates me for killing her dad LOL: Another thing I'd do differently already is put more points into lock picking. So I might not replay it as soon as I'm done, but maybe in a couple of years.

Stuff I’m actively playing:

Erica
Moss
Dangerous Driving
Minotaur Arcade, Vol. 1

Stuff I recently finished:

The Fall Part 2: Unbound
Danger Zone 2
Virtue’s Last Reward
Zero Time Dilemma

Stuff in my backlog:

Red Dead Redemption 2 (several hours in)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (several hours in)
Nioh
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Life Is Strange: Before The Storm
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
(got one ending so far)
Detroit: Become Human (finished one playthrough and some minor permutations)
Final Fantasy XV: Monster Of The Deep (a few hours in)
The Exorcist: Legion VR (one mission in)
Megaton Rainfall (about halfway through)

Last edited:
So, I still haven't finished all those games I wrote above (for example, I haven't touched GTA V in several months and I'm still in the Blood and Wine expansion pack of Witcher 3, also only got to chapter VI (? I believe) in RDR 2)...

...but I couldn't help myself and bought Dying Light and the Dark Souls remaster today. Both have just finished installing. I hope I'm in for a treat :D

Currently playing a modded setup of Diablo 2 with my son, as well as a second playthrough of Disco Elysium. Disco is absolutely game of the year, if not one of the greatest games of all time.

OK, Fallout update! I've pretty much played it none stop all month. Technically I'm done since I just need to get this one thingy from this one vault and it leads off into the ending fromt there, BUT... but, I'm not done exploring the whole map. Here is where I have some complaints. This game is MASSIVE. The amount of locations, choices and unmarked quests is INSANE, and yet.... not enough. Let me explain. I have the original release game, no DLCs and it leaves some experiences incomplete. Take the Dunwich building. The two people in Gerdshire tell you about it, but to stay away from it as creepy things happen there. As I'm exploring I find these audiotapes of a guy and how and why he decided to go there in the first place and then how he slowly goes insane. Finally, underneath the building there is this cave and there he is, the guy that went nuts, shooting at me. So I kill him. That's it, there's an odd alter/obelisk with the carving of a woman imploring skyward... okaaaaay.... Why? Nothing in this game is here, just cuz or for no reason. So I go on the Googles and it turns out it is part of DLC where you meet some cult and they charge you with taking a ceremonial dagger down there and shit happens. So I got an incomplete experience from a MASSIVE game, that blows. There's been a couple of places like that, but thankfully not many. I'm almost done exploring the whole map and hunting down unmarked quests. Once I'm done with that I'll finally progress the story.

Ah, Shenmue III. Cut from very much the same cloth as Shenmue I & II, but prettier (sort of) and with a simplified combat system. You can’t import your save from Shenmue II, which is unfortunate. I think a number of these differences are due to the split from Sega.

There’s some dissonance between the cartoony NPC character proportions and the more realistic shading and texture effects, but the environments look quite good, and the usual bevy of minigames is present. The original English voice actor for Ryo is back, as is the stilted non-sequitur dialogue.

If you enjoyed the original Shenmue games, this is a no-brainer purchase. If you never played one before, this would probably make you scratch your head.

Finally finished Fallout 3. It was as good as advertised. After watching a lot of videos on why it's bad or why it's good, both sides make good points, but ultimately it comes down to the type of game the player prefers. RPG? FPS? Super open world like the original Zelda or more guided and linear like Link to the Past? The fallout Franchise offers it all from the first through New Vegas.

As much as I enjoyed it I'm not getting the expansions, but I did start a second game where I'm aiming for neutral karma, I want to be a little bad lol. Also, I want to see if I can keep my followers alive this time. They're either stupid or too gun ho. Sydney stepped on a tripwire, dogmeat went head to head with to super mutants and Charon got gunned down by talon company mercs. Only Fawkes didn't need baby sitting.

To take a much needed break I downloaded the free gold game of the month Toy Story 3. My gfs nephew is obsessed with plants vs zombies garden warfare 2, a game I got also thinking he might enjoy. Let's see if I can go 2 for 2 for more cool uncle points. I figured it's also a good way to teach/reinforce English. He supposedly takes it in school so we'll see. The only time he plays missions on pvz is when we play coop, otherwise he just runs around shooting, but he can do that for hours lol. Ts3 is a little more structured, but does have an open world section. Played it a bit last night and it's pretty fun. I hope he digs it.

Just got Civ6 + bunch of DLCs on Steam for 20 euros.

I'm also 7 hours gameplay into Super Zero Mission. I'll review it once I complete the game.

This week I finished Link’s Awakening on Switch. This game may have knocked A Link to the Past off my top 3. As a kid, I remember really liking the game and, at the time, it was pretty vast for a gameboy game. Coming back to the original now there’s a lot I still enjoy but some of the technical limitations drag it down (mostly the limited number of buttons). Having all that corrected on Switch, in addition to the great redesign, makes this a pinnacle for 2D Zelda.

As a Christmas present to myself I got a bunch of games on gog.com. Got System Shock II, Warcraft I and II, Diablo with expansion Hellfire and Pirates! and Pirates! Gold. I've spent a few hours with Warcraft II reliving my middle school days lol. Got them all for 23 bucks and only 4.7 GBs, not bad.

In playing Warcraft I and II, it reminded me how often sequels used to be more of a reboot than a sequel. Better graphics, story, game play, but a retread of the first. Like Double Dragon I and II, Mega Man, and Pirates! to name a few.

Replaying Rise of the Tomb Raider hoping to get a few achievements I didn't first go around and I'll get the DLC after that.

OH! VERY excited over the anouncement of Darksiders: Genesis. Finally get to play Strife and see how he loses his guns. Though I've been waiting for the sequel when all four horsemen fight together. So far all the games take place simultaneously timeline-wise and Genesis, well, it's in the name, is a prequel. So we haven't gotten a TRUE sequel yet of what happens AFTER the first game. Just glad the franchise is being continued, I'll replay III next. I missed a few levels and took some "bad" decisions, so I want to see the different branches of the story.

Finished Shenmue III. True to the original games, and the combat was really the only letdown. While the game has a climax, it ends on another cliffhanger, so I sure hope he can get enough money together to do Shenmue IV...

Untitled Goose Game is great.

If my backlog weren’t so deep, I’d totally pick up Phoenix Point to scratch that original X-Com itch. Maybe I’ll wait for a bundle once all the DLC is out next year.

Still staring at my backlog and feeling hopeless:

Red Dead Redemption 2 (several hours in)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (several hours in)
Nioh
God Of War
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
(got one ending so far)
Detroit: Become Human (finished one playthrough and some minor permutations)
Final Fantasy XV: Monster Of The Deep (a few hours in)
The Exorcist: Legion VR (one mission in)
Megaton Rainfall (about halfway through)

I am terrible. Despite still not having even started Skyrim or Dark Souls and not having finished any of the games I wrote about (among others RDR2, Resident Evil 7, Witcher 3 - still halfway through Blood and Wine - Dishonored 2, Silent Hill 3, GTA V, Kingdom Come: Deliverance and others...)

... I still bought more games for Christmas, that is:
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout 4
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
(currently playing Rise and loving it)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

The Amnesia Collection
Bioshock Collection
Resident Evil 2
(the 2019 remaster)
Dead Space 1 & 2 (we already had 3 through xBox Gold)

along with Assassin’s Creedence: Origins and the first and third Dragon Age games I bought for my name day two months ago (again, we had the second one via Gold).

My wife is a saint. Many others would have already murdered me by now.

Currently mainly playing the first Bioshock (flabbergasting!), Rise of the Tomb Raider (still very easy like the first one, but awesome nonetheless), Witcher 3 (still amazing, but I’m kinda getting worn out by the sheer length and spread already - I’ve been playing this pne quite intensively since last Christmas and I’m still not at the end) and The Evil Within (cool, but I maybe expected more pure horror and less zombie-ish stuff). Oh, and the original Assassin’s Creed to prepare for the latter ones - Ezio Collection, Rogue, Syndicate and the aforementioned Origins (quite cool, especially considering its age, but a bit repetitive, I’d rather play as a Templar ( :ninja: ) and I don’t like the fact there’s no subtitles).

Your list is insanely similar to mine. Depending how much money I have left after the holidays will determine if I get new Vegas, rise of the tomb raider dlc and cup head now, or WAY later.

Started WoW Classic after not having played any Warcraft since 2010.

Bad move, played so much I already got all my T1 and T2 gear and got raids on farm mode.

As mentioned above, I got Warcraft I and II, Pirates! and Pirates! Gold, Diablo and System Shock II, for myself for Christmas. I tried playing Warcraft I and irates! But Their mechanics are so old they are unplayable. Pirates! is DOS based and practically keyboard based. The graphics aren't charming, they're an eyesore that took me back to second grade and that stupid game of a teal car and a pink car racing to teach you to type. Warcraft I's graphics are still charming, but you can't move several units at once, only one by one and you can't build anything without building a road first. So I quit on both of those real quick. I'm not bummed because they were bundled with the games I really wanted, Warcraft II and Pirates! Gold. Warcraft II is as cool as I remember it. I'm having a blast. Still working my way through the Orc Campaign.

My Dad and my brother give me a lot of shit for playing video games. My dad never got into them, my brother stopped around the time I did 20 years ago, but unlike me, he hasn't really picked it back up except for the EA NHL games. I went over to his house yesterday to spend time with him and my neice and I asked him, "So, remember this?" As I boot up PIrates! Gold on my laptop. His eyes lit up and as the music began he said, "Oooooh man, that takes me back!" We spent the next 30 minutes playing and my 41 year old brother, now a dad, was 15 again. Something that was really cool was that we captured a pirate and asked him about the silver train, Spanish ships carrying loads of silver from all over the Americas. We got a location, we had our own route planned that would take us to the last known location of the train. We chose to attack a town a bit east of the last known location and it turns out we found it! We NEVER did that when we were kids! And here we are 27 years later finding it together. It was a pretty special moment. When I left to the States I was 17 and he was 22, we spent our 20s apart. The man I hang out with now is a bit of a stranger to me, like I'm getting to know my brother all over again, so playing this game together and finding that meant a lot, reconnecting with who we were before I left. I wanted to tell him, "See how video games are more than just a waste of time?" But instead chose to be quiet and enjoy the moment.

I've also been working my way through Diablo. Just as cool as when I first played it. Just awesome. I'm excited over the news of Diablo IV bringing it back to it's dark roots. I'm Playing a Sorcerer to make it a bit challenging in the early going ons, but as I build him up he's going to rip through Hell's armies like a knife through butter.

I got fire emblem three houses for Christmas. Never played this kind of game before but 4 hours later and I’m hooked.

I got fire emblem three houses for Christmas. Never played this kind of game before but 4 hours later and I’m hooked.
I've heard of Fire Emblem before, but I know nothing about it. What type of game is it/what's it about?

I'm still pretty new to it (it seems four hours on a game like this is not even a scratch on the surface) but from what I understand so far it's a real time strategy game where you deploy units against enemy armies with RPG elements like weapon upgrades and leveling up. I've seen it described as being similar to chess, which so far isn't inaccurate. The battle system is super accessible to me as a beginner and it has interesting characters/story elements. There's also some exploration/side quest material which, at this point, I'm not sure if it is padding or a vital element to the game. I'm not too bothered by it though.

I've been really (un)lucky these past few months, picking out games that were really addictive - just as I'd been unable to stop playing Alien: Isolation and Dying Light (though I still haven't finished the latter; the game really got me hooked in the beginning and I regularly went to sleep at 2 A.M., but just as I got to Old Town it kinda lost the grip on me a bit) I spent a lot of time already with Assassin's Creed: Origins, Bioshock (the first one) and I finally got into Fallout 3.

ACO: It's really much better than I expected, especially since the very first one was a bit of a bore. I love the Egyptian setting, the protagonist Bayek, the gameplay, the graphics... everything, really. It reminds me of the MCU movies - nothing really groundbreaking, but a very well-done craft that's worth every cent you invest into it. I guess you might say this is as "mainstream" as you can get, but I don't really mind - it's a wonderful gaming experience.

Bioshock: A bit late to it, I admit, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. I am already in the final third of the game (so I've already experienced most of the twists) and it's really good, especially since the game also contains a philosophical/political discourse as well, it's very visually appealing and the storyline's quite cool (though despite me avoiding all spoilers I could still smell the main one twenty miles away, but the execution was still very cool). MAYBE, just maybe the game might be a bit too bleak, even for the point it's trying to get across - and remember, I'm a fan of Peckinpah, but still, those movies are about two hours, but fifteen in this world are much worse, innit?

Fallout 3 - like I said, at first I was a bit underwhelmed, especially as I'm playing The Outer Worlds concurrently and that one is definitely more colourful and interesting - at first. But I finally got into it and I just love it already (I'm Lvl 4 and so far mostly just done tasks for Moira and disarmed the nuke, but it's enough to get me hooked). Considering the fact I only played 2 (I believe it was the second one, but I'm not 100% sure) and I don't really remember it all that much, I'm probably not gonna complain neither about this one, Vegas or 4 (I know that many are divided, especially about the 4, but that's for the hardcores, I'd say. But we'll see). But then again, I always loved the game in theory (all that retro stuff, however ironic it may be meant, post-apocalyptic survival etc), so I guess it was mostly just getting used to the game proper.

Like I mentioned, I'm also playing The Outer Worlds and it's a good one - I haven't progressed much so far, but it's very enjoyable, has a load of interesting characters, some cool choices, it's very colourful (bordering on kitschy, but I don't mind) and the humour is definitely more subtle and actually funny than I feared from watching the trailer.

I've been really (un)lucky these past few months, picking out games that were really addictive - just as I'd been unable to stop playing Alien: Isolation and Dying Light (though I still haven't finished the latter; the game really got me hooked in the beginning and I regularly went to sleep at 2 A.M., but just as I got to Old Town it kinda lost the grip on me a bit) I spent a lot of time already with Assassin's Creed: Origins, Bioshock (the first one) and I finally got into Fallout 3...

The Bioshock trilogy is very worth it. Even though it was done by a different team, Bioshock 2 and its DLC is REALLY good. The DLC is a self-contained mission as a Big Daddy... Delta if I remember right, I was SHOCKED by the ending, very well done.

I'm glad ACO is better than you expected. I'm still going to give it a while before going back to that game universe.

I'm also glad you mentioned Alien: Isolation! It's definitely a game I want to dive into. What are your thoughts on it?

Fallout 3 was VERY addictive. Did you get the DLC? it adds 10 more levels for a max of 30 and a bunch of more content. I'll know thursday If I can get New Vegas this week or until next Christmas lol.

Back