Now Playing (Video Games)

I'm waiting for Diablo IV so bad but it's gonna be a few years before we get to play it.

I used to visit Blizzard's website religiously when I was younger. As excited as I was to see the Diablo IV trailer I must admit I haven't kept up with the development news or release date if any. What have you heard?

I used to visit Blizzard's website religiously when I was younger. As excited as I was to see the Diablo IV trailer I must admit I haven't kept up with the development news or release date if any. What have you heard?

Almost nothing. I remember how long Diablo 3 was in development, it was released 4 years after its announcement so I'm expecting IV will be released around 2023, at the earliest 2022. I was even surprised to see the game announced, but it has been 8 years now since Diablo III vanilla was released (I never played the expansions) so it makes sense, actually.

Almost nothing. I remember how long Diablo 3 was in development, it was released 4 years after its announcement so I'm expecting IV will be released around 2023, at the earliest 2022. I was even surprised to see the game announced, but it has been 8 years now since Diablo III vanilla was released (I never played the expansions) so it makes sense, actually.

True, I bought the 360 version with the Expansion included used lol. Been watching a lot of GDC (Game Developers Conference) Postmortems on youtube and Diablo's (the first one) has to be my favorite. Falout's was good too. I mention it because they discuss 2 and 3 and his reaction to 3 is hilarious, at least to me. Overall I'm dissapointed with Blizzard. They are not the company of the early 00's. Blizzard North (the studio that made Diablo) was an independant company that was bought by Blizzard proper. They always butted heads and eventually they all left. Blizzard has focused almost exclusively on WOW, which is sad. I saw a video on some star wars games, but it talked about how we haven't seen sequels to certain games (KOTOR 3, Warcraft 4, etc) because the MMOs exist and the developers don't see a need for them. Which sucks, because I have never played WOW or the Star Wars MMOs. The only MMO I played briefly was Destiny, didn't see what the big whoop was.

I've taken an extended break from KOTOR. Even though I'm on the last planet there is still so much to do. This happens to me on a lot of modern games. I hit this wall of "When will this end! MORE shit to do!? Ugh." So I went back to Mega Man lol. I miss game you could breeze through in under half an hour. My last console prior to the 360 was the Genesis so even those games weren't longer than an hour twenty minutes.

Went back to Shantae 1/2 Genie hero and cleared a couple of alternate game modes. In Mega Man I'm doing challenges available on the anniversary collection. On the 360 I started Halo Reach and I'm having a blast. A friend got me into Halo and I even ended up reading the books that take place between games. I also read Reach, so I know most of what happens in the game and of course how it ends, but it's been several years and it's fun playing through it. Halo's main series, where you are Master Chief, is fairly boring on solo mode, but co-op is a blast. This one, since you are part of a team you have to babysit (honestly, the AI is mostly useless), it's almost like playing co-op, but you are still the star of the show. Almost done actually.

I took advantage of a lazy Friday to plow through it, but the rest of today and the next two weeks I'll have very little game time, since it is finals season and I have a lot of preping/material to cover before the semester ends. Oh, and turning in grades... yaaaay.

I've taken an extended break from KOTOR. Even though I'm on the last planet there is still so much to do. This happens to me on a lot of modern games. I hit this wall of "When will this end! MORE shit to do!? Ugh." So I went back to Mega Man lol. I miss game you could breeze through in under half an hour. My last console prior to the 360 was the Genesis so even those games weren't longer than an hour twenty minutes.

Went back to Shantae 1/2 Genie hero and cleared a couple of alternate game modes. In Mega Man I'm doing challenges available on the anniversary collection. On the 360 I started Halo Reach and I'm having a blast. A friend got me into Halo and I even ended up reading the books that take place between games. I also read Reach, so I know most of what happens in the game and of course how it ends, but it's been several years and it's fun playing through it. Halo's main series, where you are Master Chief, is fairly boring on solo mode, but co-op is a blast. This one, since you are part of a team you have to babysit (honestly, the AI is mostly useless), it's almost like playing co-op, but you are still the star of the show. Almost done actually.

I took advantage of a lazy Friday to plow through it, but the rest of today and the next two weeks I'll have very little game time, since it is finals season and I have a lot of preping/material to cover before the semester ends. Oh, and turning in grades... yaaaay.
Which Mega Man games? 1-11? Zero? ZX? Legends? Battle Network?

Which one is your favourite? I personally rather like 3 and 4.
I consider 2 to be overrated, but it has the best music.
I grew up with 2 and 4 only. In college I got my hands on some emulators and ROMs and played through the first 7. I got the collection for Xbox and later Xbox one. I was not a fan of 7 or 8. Being able to play the NES 6 again without nostalgia goggles I have to say my favorite in game play and music is 3. 2 I the one I go to to relax asbit is the only one I can beat in under 30mins.

I like the save feature of the collection and I've been abusing the rewind mechanic lol. But lately I've been running through the challenges. I've only aced the mecha dragon and yellow devil.

I grew up with 2 and 4 only. In college I got my hands on some emulators and ROMs and played through the first 7. I got the collection for Xbox and later Xbox one. I was not a fan of 7 or 8. Being able to play the NES 6 again without nostalgia goggles I have to say my favorite in game play and music is 3. 2 I the one I go to to relax asbit is the only one I can beat in under 30mins.

I like the save feature of the collection and I've been abusing the rewind mechanic lol. But lately I've been running through the challenges. I've only aced the mecha dragon and yellow devil.
Ah, so you can defeat Air Man.

Airman is fucking easy, you only need to hit him like twice with the Leaf Blower, and Woodman goes down like a bitch to the Mega Buster, and even MORE of a bitch to Metal Blades.

If you know what weapon to use, there isn’t a single difficult boss in the original Megaman games.

I also played through the first six in the collection they put out. I have the other two Legacy collections but haven’t yet gotten around to them.

I think Mega Man 2 is the only game in which you can beat every Robot Master with the Mega Buster. The only ones I don't use it on are Heat Man, Wood Man, Quick Man, and Crash Man. I mix it up with Wood Man, I often use the Metal Blade, but it's cool to charge up HEAT and do him in of one shot. Just like with Crash Man, It takes 3 hits of Air Man to do him in, but each tornado is one hit, if you time it just right you can kill him of one shot. Something I've only done twice lol. It usually takes 2.

As for the song, I'm partial to The Protomen and The Megas.

I also played through the first six in the collection they put out. I have the other two Legacy collections but haven’t yet gotten around to them.

I thought about getting the other Legacy collections, but as I stated before, not a fan of 7 or 8, so I might just purchase 9 and 10 seperately at some point.

I started putting a bunch of games on my wishlist on both the Xbox One and 360 and the price of some of these games surprised me. Like Fallout New Vegas is less than $8 dollars and it is a VERY popular title. However, Alien: Isolation, while a great game, few people even heard of it is still $50! W...T...F!

Airman is fucking easy, you only need to hit him like twice with the Leaf Blower, and Woodman goes down like a bitch to the Mega Buster, and even MORE of a bitch to Metal Blades.
Still a good song, though. Didn't know you played Megaman.

I haven’t gotten through 7 or 8, had a hard time getting into 7. The recent NES throwback games are awesome though.

Who hasn't?
Here in India, if you ask 99.9% of the population to name a video game, their answer will be Pac-Man or Super Mario Bros. Yes, the 1985 one.

Second most populous country in the world, and Nintendo isn't even officially in it.

Who hasn't?
I haven’t. I was never a Nintendo guy. Went straight from the Intellivision to the Sega Genesis. I also feel like the NES controllers set back console gaming for the next 15 years or so until analog sticks made a return, and Nintendo was responsible for horrific Nintendification of great arcade games like Victory Road, adding shops and hearts and other bullshit that had no business being there. Blecch. And don’t get me started on the censorship.

Back