Now drinking - the revival

Saw this topic was done a couple of years back and thought it would be interesting to see what new members' tastes are like and if any of the oldies have discovered a new tipple.

We are talking beer here in it's various forms (lager, bitter, pale ale etc)

My favourite is Stella Artois as it'a pretty strong lager that goes down well equally on a hot summers day or a freezing winter night.

I do have a soft spot for Newcastle Brown Ale or "Newky Brown" as it was (and probably still is) affectionately known. It was my first beer. I started frequenting a Rock pub when I was just finishing college. they had a giant screen that played metal all evening and you could buy a Newky Brown for £1. I can remember going out with ten quid in my pocket which was enough money to get pissed and get a kebab on the way home - bliss! :cheers: :cheers:

Well, I could go into a great amount of discussion about what I love to drink, my favorite brews, what countries make the best beers, etc. ....

but, since the thread is titled "Now drinking", I'm going to have to reply: Caffine Free Pepsi

Right now I'm drinking fully caffeinated Swedish-brewed coffee. Yum!

Beer: Carlsberg, probably the best beer in the world...(as they say in the ads), Falcon (semi-local brewery), bitter (or Real Ale) when I'm visiting the UK. Mariestad (a Swedish lager that is cheep on the boat between Denmark and Sweden (HH ferries).

Other beverages that have been known to enter my mouth: red wine, preferably Spanish, Australian or South African; Single Malt, mostly Highlands stuff but some Isleys work too; a Sambuca shot with my beer when I'm in a bar; a nice Cognac after dinner.

I'm getting thirsty here...

Currently, a cup of 'mini-mart' coffee. 

Best soda of all time, Cherry Coke from Sonic drive thru.  That stuff rocks!

I do think that Paulaner is my fav beer to drink, but I love a good margarita made with Patron or Cabo Wabo.

Deano said:
I know, normally I'd be drinking Mountain Dew but the store was out of it.

I prefer Coke, but hey.

Remember, in my country, Coke and Pepsi taste different.

Royal Crown...... no hangman here.

By the way, Royal Crown and Crown Royal is an awesome drink!

Drinking some High Juice which is nice, I'm not a drinker.

However I have some wine gums for the alcohol bit :)

Back in the Village said:
Saw this topic was done a couple of years back and thought it would be interesting to see what new members' tastes are like and if any of the oldies have discovered a new tipple.

We are talking beer here in it's various forms (lager, bitter, pale ale etc)

My favourite is Stella Artois as it'a pretty strong lager that goes down well equally on a hot summers day or a freezing winter night.

I do have a soft spot for Newcastle Brown Ale or "Newky Brown" as it was (and probably still is) affectionately known. It was my first beer. I started frequenting a Rock pub when I was just finishing college. they had a giant screen that played metal all evening and you could buy a Newky Brown for £1. I can remember going out with ten quid in my pocket which was enough money to get pissed and get a kebab on the way home - bliss! :cheers: :cheers:

I like a good old Newky Brown too. My old local had Sammy Smith's bitter for £1.24 a pint, so you could really get pissed on the cheap there.

Currently drinking: a Spitfire.

I'm open to a little bit of everything, tipple wise.  Beer-wise, I tend to go for Bud or Guiness...I'm not a fan of tinned beers, or lukewarm beer, so it has to be cool and from a bottle/tap.

Wine...well, I drink whatever is chosen, although I quite like anything red from the Southern Hemisphere.  White is good with fish, too.

I'm also partial to an ice-cold Magners of these nights. Strongbow and Kopparberg are nice, too (although the latter is a tad too sweet).

I've been known to indulge in a touch of the double SoCo/Lime, too...now, that's a good tipple (bloody rip-off in bars, though...)

national acrobat said:
I like a good old Newky Brown too. My old local had Sammy Smith's bitter for £1.24 a pint, so you could really get pissed on the cheap there.

Currently drinking: a Spitfire.

He, actually Spitfire is available in Norway as well. I've had it a few times, it's not bad!

However, here in Norway the most popular beers are all of the pilsner (lager) type. When I'm in my home town, I drink the local beer Fredrikstad Pilsner - and here in Trondheim I usually drink Dahl's (which is again the local brewery - I like to follow a "support your local brewery" policy). I also enjoy a good malt, of course - if I should name a favourite it would have to be Bowmore.

For the "now drinking" part, I am drinking dihydrogen monoxide  ;)

If it comes to beer I think that Belgium should be the capital of the world (I know that belgium is a country and not a city, but there are cities larges than Belgium). Westmalle is good.

But truth be told, I like wine more. And now drinking: Givry 1re cru "Clos Jus" 2005. And loving it. Drinking wine is a hobby turned into a job for me. So if anybody has a sugestion of what I really should know...

Eddies Wingman said:
He, actually Spitfire is available in Norway as well. I've had it a few times, it's not bad!

However, here in Norway the most popular beers are all of the pilsner (lager) type. When I'm in my home town, I drink the local beer Fredrikstad Pilsner - and here in Trondheim I usually drink Dahl's (which is again the local brewery - I like to follow a "support your local brewery" policy). I also enjoy a good malt, of course - if I should name a favourite it would have to be Bowmore.

How about Ringnes Pilsner? I used to drink that all the time when a friend of mine who worked in Norway bought it for me. Now, THAT is one great lager!

Erdinger isn't a bad brew, although for a lager it is relatively flat. tatstes great in the tall Erdinger glasses.

If I'm drinking a wine I like a McGuigans Black Label Shiraz.

I don't care much for spirits, whisky , southern comfort and gin tastes foul IMO. Don't mind a vodka with cranberry or vodka and red bull if I need to party till the early hours

Back