Not ANOTHER live album in the works??!!

A

Anonymous

Guest
Dont mean to bitch again, but when i heard Kevin Shirley was producing live tracks recently, i had to let off steam. I realise most who post here are Maiden nutswingers, so no matter how logical my comment is, it will be seen as derogatory. But just to say, i do not think ANY band warrants as many live albums as Maiden have released (6!!! official). The studio album, live album, studio album, live album formula is taking the piss. None have ever come near Live After Death in performance anyway.
 

____no5

Free Man
what about "live at donington" ?

as far as performances only, I think this one is even better than live after death ....
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
____no5 said:
what about "live at donington" ?

as far as performances only, I think this one is even better than live after death ....

Janick's solo's mean it isnt. I think 88 would have been a better release, but after the death it was unlikely.
 

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
I have the Maiden England bootleg, and it's not nearly as good as 92 (93? Tired.), IMO.

I will buy every live album Maiden puts out.  Especially this one...I want to hear this album live, over and over, and for once I won't have to sift through Wrathchild and Run to the Hills...it'll go straight through what I want to hear.  I'm more pumped about this than Death on the Road...and that had Paschendale.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
LooseCannon said:
I have the Maiden England bootleg, and it's not nearly as good as 92 (93? Tired.), IMO.

I will buy every live album Maiden puts out.  Especially this one...I want to hear this album live, over and over, and for once I won't have to sift through Wrathchild and Run to the Hills...it'll go straight through what I want to hear.  I'm more pumped about this than Death on the Road...and that had Paschendale.

Amazing how people's opinion can differ. Perhaps it was the quality if it was a bootleg. IMO Seventh Son was the best tour they did apart from Powerslave.

Adrian Smith>Janick Gers
 

vicious

Prowler
It would be great with a new live album!

And a live DVD packed with the concert(obviously) Interviews, documentarys and stuff like that!
 

SneakySneaky

Trooper
I understand how you feel superfly,  but I'm actually quite pleased they'll release a live album from this tour,  even though I'm not planning on buying it :p.  And this time I just can't think it's all about the money,  mainly due to the brave decision they made about the set list.  If we were discussing about previous releases I'd agree with you fully  :blush:
 

Djaser

Trooper
It was announced months/years ago that there will be a live cd/dvd of every new tour. So why so surprised?
 

Raven

Ancient Mariner
I'm a nutter for Maiden, so I will naturally be buying any new CD/DVD they release of this tour (speaking of which, any news on a Death on the Road re-release on DVD?).  Frankly, I find Live After Death to be quite over-rated.  I much prefer Beast Over Hammersmith, but, unfortunately, this isn't readily available.
 

JackKnife

A Vivid example of masculine pulchritude
Raven said:
Frankly, I find Live After Death to be quite over-rated.  I much prefer Beast Over Hammersmith, but, unfortunately, this isn't readily available.
I do agree with you Raven, I my opinion, Beast Over Hammersmith is their best live album to date.

images


images
 
First of all, I would like to say that if the band want to release a live album after EACH studio one...IT´S THEIR DECISION. Of course then you can decide whether buying it or not.
As for the quantity of live albums, you should notice that not so many bands can do this, because you have to sound GREAT before you record a live performance. We all know there are lots of bands which are amazing in their studio albums, but once you see them 'live' they let us down badly...
Finally...YES...it´s amazing how people's opinion can differ, that´s the reason of a forum, share your thoughts and opinions with each other (like human beings).

Cheers and a happy new year to all of you!  :cheers:

P.S: My favourite live albums are (in order): 'Rock in Rio', 'Live at Donington 92', 'Beast Over Hammersmith'.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Suit yourselves. I certainly wont be exploited any further with live releases. Death on the Road was the final straw for me, totally without justification. I already own more than enough, so if you want to continue unnecessarly lining their pockets, go ahead suckers. Oh, & yes Beast Over Hammersmith is a good live album, up there with the best. But no, im not shelling out for the boxset just for that, as you can probably guess. Obviously you guys have never heard of the term 'overkill' :)
 
Superfly said:
Dont mean to bitch again
Superfly said:
so if you want to continue unnecessarly lining their pockets, go ahead suckers.
Ok, you´re now officially being "bitchy"...good for you!
As for the "containt" of your post, I told you so: it´s YOUR choice.
If you think you have "enough" Maiden live albums, that´s ok, don´t buy them anymore.
Finally, I would like to tell you that Iron Maiden (or any band) don´t need to justify a release...It´s the BAND´s decision...
 

SneakySneaky

Trooper
Superfly said:
Suit yourselves. I certainly wont be exploited any further with live releases. Death on the Road was the final straw for me, totally without justification. I already own more than enough, so if you want to continue unnecessarly lining their pockets, go ahead suckers. Oh, & yes Beast Over Hammersmith is a good live album, up there with the best. But no, im not shelling out for the boxset just for that, as you can probably guess. Obviously you guys have never heard of the term 'overkill' :)
Hey take it easy,  alright?  As I said before,  this whole "live album after every tour" business can be annoying.  BUT,  it doesn't necessarily mean you're a sucker by buying the new live album.  Some people may do it,  because they couldn't see the tour,  others who have been to a gig this year might want it as a "relic",  and others want it just because they find this release a good idea.  Last,  but not least,  there are a lot of people who don't feel like giving more money to Maiden.  I stopped at DOTR,  I didn't get Dickinson's Anthology (don't be a smart ass anyone :p),  and I probably won't get this new release.  I'm not calling anyone a sucker though,  do I?

@Raven:  Have you looked for a bootleg from this show?  You might find a good release  :blush:
 

Irony

Prowler
Like a few others I will buy every album Maiden puts out. I enjoy the live more then the studio stuff. So the moral of the story is: Up yours, Im a Maiden nutswinger.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Superfly said:
Suit yourselves. I certainly wont be exploited any further with live releases. Death on the Road was the final straw for me, totally without justification. I already own more than enough, so if you want to continue unnecessarly lining their pockets, go ahead suckers.

This kind of tone is not welcome on this board, and I would strongly advise you to either change it or leave. People are to decide and reason by themselves what they will buy and what they won't buy, what they do and don't do. You have absolutely no right to judge them as "suckers" for that.
I was thinking about sending you a PM about this, but I decided not to. Also, I thought about resetting your user rating to 0 (due to an unofficial forum policy about not kicking members below 50 posts), but I also decided against that. Consider yourself mildly and politely warned.
 

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
As Sneak said, some people couldn't see the tour ... like me, or the majority of the US fans. So I'm glad they're putting out DVDs of shows that don't come to my town. There are fans who consider this to be a good thing. If you don't, you're entitled to express your opinion in a civil manner.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Perun said:
This kind of tone is not welcome on this board, and I would strongly advise you to either change it or leave. People are to decide and reason by themselves what they will buy and what they won't buy, what they do and don't do. You have absolutely no right to judge them as "suckers" for that.
I was thinking about sending you a PM about this, but I decided not to. Also, I thought about resetting your user rating to 0 (due to an unofficial forum policy about not kicking members below 50 posts), but I also decided against that. Consider yourself mildly and politely warned.

Because im not a nutswinger & dont suck the cock of everything Maiden in 2006, does not make me any less a fan than you. If you cant handle the fact i have an objective opinion, ill just as soon leave. Fuck you asshole.
 
Top