"Nostalgia" tours

nuno_c

A hollow universe in space
We got one tour dedicated to the four first albums. A tour dedicated to Powerslave and Somewhere in time. The most recent one was Seventh son.

Do you think we'll get another "nostalgia" tour and, if so, dedicated to what era?

Each one of those tours came with a documentary on some DVD that was in itself dedicated to that piece of history of the band. Since we are still waiting for part 4 of the documentary, it would make sense to have another tour, but at the same time the next era is not seen as well by fans as the previous eras...

I don't know of a tour dedicated to 'Somewhere In Time', and I don't feel the urge to see another nostalgia tour unless it's dedicated to the last four albums.

I don't know of a tour dedicated to 'Somewhere In Time', and I don't feel the urge to see another nostalgia tour unless it's dedicated to the last four albums.
Always thought the Somewhere back in time tour was dedicated to both powerslave and somewhere in time, since they played songs from both albums and Eddie was the same from the somewhere in time album

Always thought the Somewhere back in time tour was dedicated to both powerslave and somewhere in time, since they played songs from both albums and Eddie was the same from the somewhere in time album
2 songs off Somewhere In Time doesn't really seem like enough to me... otherwise we could say the Maiden England 2012/13 tour was also dedicated to Fear of the Dark :D

2 songs off Somewhere In Time doesn't really seem like enough to me... otherwise we could say the Maiden England 2012/13 tour was also dedicated to Fear of the Dark :D
Yeah, i would agree with the song part.... But Eddie, still...

It's a shame they didn't divide up the coverage of the Cabaret Tours a little differently. I think part of the weirdness happened when the original plan to finish the SBIT with a Maiden England DVD release was shelved so they could do a 3rd history tour. This meant that the album coverage ended up something like this:

Early Days: Iron Maiden/Killers/NOTB/POM
Somewhere Back In Time: Powerslave/SIT (supposedly :p )/7th Son
Maiden England: 7th Son... and a bunch of lame, easy setlist choices

I think something along these lines (3 albums at a time) would've been much more interesting:

Early Days: Iron Maiden/Killers/NOTB
Somewhere Back In Time: POM/Powerslave/SIT
Maiden England: 7th Son/NPFTD/FOTD

I don't think more History stuff is happening soon. We're getting into an area with NPFTD and FOTD that isn't the band's high point, and I don't see any Blaze revival coming.

The band hasn't focused on these albums. They haven't played any NPFTD since Bring Your Daughter 11 years ago. Until the 7th son tour, FOTD was limited to the title track. Songs from the first seven albums never left the live rotation, not even counting era-specific tours. Gimme Ed in 2003 (the last cabaret tour that wasn't era-specific) had songs from all of the first seven albums. We got history tours for stuff the band like playing live. I think the next Cabaret tour will be like TFF, reunion Cabaret.

For what it's worth, didn't they say it was the end of the history tours?
The specific wording in the press release was the end of the "trio of 80's retrospective tours" which leaves the door open for a 90's tour.

However, Bruce did say in the Knebworth press release that this is the "last of our tours with an historical perspective" which sounds to me like Maiden England was it. Which would be a shame, because I really need to hear Sign of the Cross live... :(

A Reunion era cabaret is actually something I'd quite like to see. Sign of the Cross could still be in it? I mean, Maiden England had FOTD and Afraid to Shoot Strangers, after all.

A Reunion era cabaret is actually something I'd quite like to see. Sign of the Cross could still be in it? I mean, Maiden England had FOTD and Afraid to Shoot Strangers, after all.
I doubt they'd do another reunion cabaret tour after the TFF 2010 tour though!

I suspect strongly that they will. Just like last time. A new song in the summer for a US tour, reunion heavy setlist. Hoping to see some TFF songs, since like last time we'll only get one song from the new album.

I suspect strongly that they will. Just like last time. A new song in the summer for a US tour, reunion heavy setlist. Hoping to see some TFF songs, since like last time we'll only get one song from the new album.
I dunno, I can't see them doing that. If anything I see them just doing the regular "new album" tour, with 5-6 new songs, or maybe another Give Me Ed-style tour, but nothing that era-specific. There would be so much repeat material from 2010.

Not if they're hyping one new song in the summer to promote the album in advance, like they've done for the last three albums.

Edit: I also don't think Maiden has a big problem with repeating material live.

Not if they're hyping one new song in the summer to promote the album in advance, like they've done for the last three albums.

Edit: I also don't think Maiden has a big problem with repeating material live.
Incorrect. They did it in 2010 for TFF, and in 2003 for DoD. They didn't do a "one song preview" for AMOLAD. You're right about repeating material though...

Back