No More Lies

How good is No More Lies on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Hi, I've reopened this song for voting, after resetting the votes.

Please add your vote for this song and consider the following tips:

• Try to be consistent across the Iron Maiden catalogue. Don't vote based on the place on the album, but the place in the overall catalogue.
  • 1 should be the worst Iron Maiden songs, 10 should be the best. You can have lots of 10s and 1s as you see fit.
  • Don't vote based on other people's votes. IE, if you think a song is overrated, don't give it a 1 or 2 just because you think it's getting "too high" of votes.

Back in 1998 many Iron Maiden fans were wondering how Virtual XI would have sounded with Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith.

This song is the answer. Repetitive, overlong and very boring, in spite of a chorus made to scream (for me) live. A slight improvement, but not that much.

Back in 1998 many Iron Maiden fans were wondering how Virtual XI would have sounded with Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith.

This song is the answer. Repetitive, overlong and very boring, in spite of a chorus made to scream (for me) live. A slight improvement, but not that much.
Nooo!! It's good, very good. The melodies are great and the solo section is fantastic!

This one was one of my favorites when I became a fan in early 2017 and it hasn't lost any of its magic yet. I still think the instrumental section and all the melodies in general are top-tier Maiden.

The guitar melodies exactly after the “chorus” is the only noteworthy segment of the song, brilliant arena Maiden that elevates and carries the listener in an otherwise uninspired and repetitive Harris effort.

A solid 3

If we count the chorus as four repeats of the title, with the chord progression A-F-G-A under it, then it only repeats six times, with the title being repeated 26 times. Actually far less than I thought.

If we count the chorus as four repeats of the title, with the chord progression A-F-G-A under it, then it only repeats six times, with the title being repeated 26 times. Actually far less than I thought.

By the time Bruce was on the 10th repetition of No More Lies I was already begging for no more times!

It's in the ball park of Seventh Son of a Seventh Son or Caught Somewhere in Time and many others by Maiden and many other bands.
Those choruses have a bit more variation and melody to them (and are much more catchy). As it is, the NML chorus is more repetitive due to its lack of variation.

I'm willing to bet it was a holdover Steve had from the VXI era because it really has all the hallmarks of that album. Simple riffs, shite keyboards and repetition.

At least they didn't force that high octave chorus on poor Blaze. I can hear his voice screeching and breaking up like it did on The Unbeliever.

Just listened to remastered version on youtube. I hate album cover, I hate album's production. This song is definitely not one of my favorites. Melancholy is nice but somewhat soapy? synths is very amateur. I understood that Dance of Death is Virtual XI Part Two. Not good.

Last edited:
It's a shame this is remembered mostly for its repetition, 'cause the rest is actually really strong, and it includes an uninterrupted triple guitar solo, something that would sadly become a bit rare. The second phrase of Janick's solo has always stood out to me, around 5:34, it's like a little jig, I love it.

It's a shame this is remembered mostly for its repetition, 'cause the rest is actually really strong, and it includes an uninterrupted triple guitar solo, something that would sadly become a bit rare. The second phrase of Janick's solo has always stood out to me, around 5:34, it's like a little jig, I love it.
Top 20 song for me, big bro! A bit repetetive during the first chorus but not as much as people make out to be. The guitar work is awesome.

Hands down the worst song solely written by Harris in the reunion-era (after Senjutsu's abominable Lost in a Lost World).

It contains some good melodies and a good use of dynamics but in general it is frankly amateurish. Great solos tho.

Back