Nine Inch Nails

I'm confused. I though NIN officially gave up a few years ago and sold all their kit? Not that that ever stops reunions, I guess.

Wow! I'm surprised at the lack of interest in this one! Anyway, the entire album is streaming here if anyone is interested.

I gave it a listen and I absolutely love it!!! Since Fragile, I felt like Trent was repeating himself quite a bit and not sounding very original, but this album has a lot of new unique and original stuff going on that I've never heard on a NIN album. And the creativity level is just off the charts! I do wish it was a bit more upbeat and had some good metal guitars on more than just Everything, but all the stuff going on instrumentally helps to make up for it quite a bit. Because of all that, this is my favorite NIN album since Fragile. Downward Spiral is a 10/10 and Fragile is a 9 so I give this an 8 and I would give the albums between Fragile and this one all a 7.

Thanks for the heads up. I used to be a big NIN fan, but With Teeth through Hesitation Marks never really grabbed my attention even though I got them all, and I haven’t bothered with the EP trilogy.

Not much into the Ghost series but Reznor reveals an uncanny sense of opportunity while releasing for free these recordings at this precise moment. As for me, I'll wait for the more orthodox version of NIN either via a new LP or EP.

Back