NIGHTWISH ALBUM RANKING GAME: #1 REVEALED

What is this Higher Than Hope slander! Half of the problem here is that they're great (HTH and Candlelight). If it was just the acoustic nothing song, well it would still be bad but it may as well just not exist then. Un-bonus track. The other part of it is that HTH is a big emotional song that screams to close the album but it's vying with Ghost Fucking Love Score; I think we know who takes precedence. Place it before GLS a-la Awakenings + The Odyssey instead of basically wasting the track. AND it's stuck after Taijisomething, that's why it's worse than Candlelight.

Imagine you just watched the best emotional movie ever. Actually, don't, I'll just use The Shawshank Redemption for this comparison (stop reading if you don't want to be spoiled I guess). Movie has the lengthy ending sequence of Red going to join Andy, right? Then the movie ends and you either get up or sit for some minutes while the credits roll, taking it all in. Staying for the credits is like staying for Taijisomething. Okay, you do you. Higher Than Hope is the post-credits scene where Red snaps with the Infinity Gauntlet to destroy the Death Star. Candlelight Fantasia is adding a scene after Red and Andy reunite where they continue building their resort and show their first visitor his room - why! We already had closure!

I agree that both DWOT and GLS are album closers and that the listening experience suffers by not actually respecting that natural choice.

But Candelight Fantasia is a great song and Higher Than Hope is also solid. Cut the Finnish tune, though.

Yeah, I know. I missed the Century Child moment because I was dealing with some personal shit and then when the last two albums were revealed, it was just too much, too overwhelming, too many albums to comment on at the same time and it led me to procrastinate. I'll probably try to post the write-ups here anyway, for the precisely no-one who'll be interested by now ( :D ), but in the meantime, I find it fitting to re-post it here as well, because it says a lot, actually

I really miss bands having fun nowadays. Where are the piss-takes and weird covers? Sammett doing Dancing with Tears in My Eyes is another. I just can't help but feel crushed that the 00s era of power metal is gone. I just never had so much fun and never felt so much nostalgia towards anything else, really.

(P. S. I don't even care that it is a re-hash of Bonnie Tyler's If You Were a Woman and/or Bon Jovi's You Give Love a Bad Name - if anything, that makes it better, actually)

Back