Nicko McBrain album from ~20 years ago?

F

Fat Captain

Hi,

I remember watching an interview with Nicko around 20 years ago on Raw Power/Angry Mothers here in the UK on ITV at about 3 in the morning.

Nicko was promoting an album he was releasing with him drumming fronted by a small brass section as he said that this was something that he'd always wanted to do. From memory, he also got one of the Maiden guitarists to contribute too.

Can anyone tell me what this was called as I've been unable to find anything about it and one of the songs has been stuck in my head.

Cheers,

Fat Captain.

Hi,

It's Rhythm of the Beast. It's not an album but a video, and a few years ago it came out on DVD (via official site I think). It has Nicko doing a drum clinic, recorded in 1991, if not mistaken. Also he does one or two songs playing with some brass section and Dave Murray is also a guest. Check this out:

Amazing!

Had that song in my head for ages. Started to think I'd dreamt it.

Thanks for the quick reply too, you rock!

I think it was also released as a 7" or an EP or something.

Just spotted this thread - there was a 7" of "Rhythm Of The Beast" c/w "Beehive Boogie" and a shaped picture disc of "Rhythm Of The Beast" c/w "McBrain Damage" which is a "Listen With Nicko" style bit. Worth picking up!

Back