New Song For Download On Ironmaiden.com!

A

Anonymous

:: I can't believe this! Maiden have put a first rough cut of a song from their new album due out in Autumn 2006 for download on their website! The song is entitled The Writer's Wrath and is the one dealing with the New England writer that has been discussed here. It is apparently indeed about Stephen King.
It's a really brilliant song, and it really makes my mouth watery for the rest of the album.

It can be downloaded right here. ::

April 1st... it was bound to happen [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Why did I not realise the date? I'm a fool as much as Perun is [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /] [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Perun, you are great but I suspected you... You supplied no link [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

I suppose it would be more believable if it had a better title. "The Writers Wrath", I ask you! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Lame, Perun. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

If you're gonna play a joke like that, you gotta do some work to back it up. For example, I had thought about announcing Perun's sudden and untimely death - combined with suspending his account for 24 hours so he couldn't spoil the joke by posting. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

And since it's April Fool's Day, everyone may commence with the "Majesty Of Gaia" references now.

I forgot to post a link? Silly me... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

bastard....had me going then- but then again- this song OWNS!

Great new Maiden song, a lot more progressive and groovy [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Awww, Per, you have no idea how you made my day [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Spectacular! Encore! Wow, and I wasn’t expecting it, but at the end, those absolutely AMAZING backing vocals completely outshined the lead vocals!

So.....what? Is this song really by Ron Maiden or what? It sounds a lot more like Jeff Leppard or Ned Zeppelin IMO, but what do I know? I'm confused. ::

I envy you British Islanders [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

Back