New (old) Iron Maiden tour shirts released

Damn where did you hear that? That is pretty sad if it is true.

Someone close to the band's leader let it slip back in the day.

I guess the significant amount of money they were all paid after selling the royalties of the back catalogue in late 1998 (Steve > Bruce > Adrian > ...) meant that they had to effectively live outside the UK to avoid having to pay a significant amount of income tax.

Someone close to the band's leader let it slip back in the day.

I guess the significant amount of money they were all paid after selling the royalties of the back catalogue in late 1998 (Steve > Bruce > Adrian > ...) meant that they had to effectively live outside the UK to avoid having to pay a significant amount of income tax.
Interesting thanks. I wouldn't have thought playing one gig in the UK would impact on that, but I am no expert on UK tax laws.

^ I can kinda attest to it. They look like the same quality as what you'd buy on ebay of an actual tour shirt from 35 years ago.... the designs are faded and even the tag is lol

They look it in the pics, they even look like they'll fit bad. I guess they were going for autheticity, but you can't charge 45 quid for a cheap rag.

seeing all these shirts reminds me of when Maiden used to tour the hell out of the USA.... multiple shows in Florida, Texas..... now, we're lucky if we get 1 show in both states....
Many countries can say similar things about this. In the 80s they played in ridiculous places like Ayr and Hull, but they're a much bigger band now so will play few concerts with larger capacities.

Yeah they tour for maybe 5 months max now, playing 3 or 4 nights a week, where in the 80's they toured for 12 months at a time playing most nights.

And it's a huge reason why were still getting tours these days.

It's also a lot easier and cheaper for punters to travel to see them these days so maybe the fans can meet them half way.

It's also a lot easier and cheaper for punters to travel to see them these days so maybe the fans can meet them half way.
People will still moan though. Like one member of this forum complaining that LOTB 2018 didn't go to Cardiff even though London, Birmingham and Manchester are all easily accessible from South Wales and we had about nine months notice to plan the trip.

People will still moan though. Like one member of this forum complaining that LOTB 2018 didn't go to Cardiff even though London, Birmingham and Manchester are all easily accessible from South Wales and we had about nine months notice to plan the trip.
And I reserve the right to moan. It was called a UK tour, not an English tour. If they played in Wales I could have gone with some friends, but on my own to London. Kind of spoils the experience. But no big deal now.

I would love the 1988 European tour t-shirt. That was the first tour I atended and stupidly enough I did not get a t-shirt. Plus Seventh son makes for great t-shirt designs.

Plus Seventh son makes for great t-shirt designs.

Agreed! For reason or another, although it has been used rather sparingly over the years and never taken much creative advantage of. Some of the new designs around the Maiden England tour were pretty neat though, but other than that, there are less creative and cool designs around now than the outstanding and versatile visual world of the era probably suggests.

As for "third party" shirt designs and stores, it's the same thing with 7th Son as with every other Maiden artwork: most of the stuff is either overblown versions of the most classic artworks, saturated with different filters, Eddie collagues or other effects or just printing the album cover/Eddie along with the logo and that's it.

Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but just saying that there's some cool design potential still to be discovered when it comes to Maiden shirts - a thing one would often assume to be entirely "milked" already.

I used to have this knock off Clairyoyant tshirt that I got in a tshirt printing place when I was a kid. The image was the same as on this back patch.

5f4ade5f2420dd92479df23ec9c0b509.jpg

I'd kill to get that again, the official Maiden ones where a bit shite, with a purple circle effect around Eddie and back prints I wouldn't be caught dead wearing.

When do they release new remastered tshirts on the maiden website? There hasn't been anything new in months.. They messed up the Somwhere in Time shirts spelling Yugoslavia YUGOSLAVIA. They sent me a corrected copy and allowed me to keep the mistake for free.

Back