New Iron Maiden Studio Album

How many songs do you think is going to have?

• less than 8 songs

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 8 songs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 songs

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 10 songs

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 11 songs

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 12 songs

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • more than 12 songs

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Iron_colts

Prowler
I just want to know what you guys think

I predict its going to have 11 songs  B)

by the way anyone have an idea when its coming out....  :huh:

Iron_colts said:
by the way anyone have an idea when its coming out....  :huh:

26. September 2009. It will be released in a special Easter Island-only digipack with ten bonus tracks and a huge fold-out poster showing all band members naked together with fifteen chicks wearing Eddie masks.

Boys, leave the good man alone ::)

Seriously: Iron_colts, I think that a poll like this will not be appreciated by most of the members here. What is the relevance of the number of songs on an album? Does it really matter to you so much as to start a poll about it?

Well, Iron_colts, you reminded me of something else!

I am voting for less than 8. I realy would like to have several long songs on the next album.
No room for worse songs. Only the best of the best, certainly if this could be the last one.

Perun said:
26. September 2009. It will be released in a special Easter Island-only digipack with ten bonus tracks and a huge fold-out poster showing all band members naked together with fifteen chicks wearing Eddie masks.

That's my new sig. 

As for quality of songs, don't forget that Nicko is writing a few (in an interview he said that he had some left from AMOLAD and they will be on the new album).  ;)

I think there will be some Blaze era songs left on there, and Dream Theater is going to be their muse for this album.  It'll have 3 Blaze songs on it, 1 Nicko song, and a 43 minute epic (Harris/Gers/Murray), for a total of 5 songs.

They will have some b-sides released that are all written by Steve, and they will only be availiable on the 43min b-side (cause they will be 21-22 min each) -- they will have to be special edition, with Riggs artwork.

Adrian and Bruce will be taking this album off, writing wise, because they will be working on a new side project.

Acacia said:
Boys, leave the good man alone ::)

Seriously: Iron_colts, I think that a poll like this will not be appreciated by most of the members here. What is the relevance of the number of songs on an album? Does it really matter to you so much as to start a poll about it?

the voice of reason...  :ok:

I vote for 12 songs -it's not a prediction, is what I wish  :)

Wasted155 said:
I think there will be some Blaze era songs left on there, and Dream Theater is going to be their muse for this album.  It'll have 3 Blaze songs on it, 1 Nicko song, and a 43 minute epic (Harris/Gers/Murray), for a total of 5 songs.

They will have some b-sides released that are all written by Steve, and they will only be availiable on the 43min b-side (cause they will be 21-22 min each) -- they will have to be special edition, with Riggs artwork.

Adrian and Bruce will be taking this album off, writing wise, because they will be working on a new side project.

Sounds good enough for me!  :)

29 songs, ranging in duration from 1:23 to 2:47.
One of them will be a new version of "2 Minutes To Midnight", played at over triple the regular speed.

Do you mean you want the album to be inspired by "Reign in Blood"? As long as it's fast, it's great?  :p

No, it should be a box set which contains a CD with 8 new songs and a DVD with live footage of the following songs:

1. Caught Somewhere in Time
2. To Tame a Land
3. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
4. The Prophecy
5. Face in the Sand
6. Como Estais Amigos
7- Paschendale
8. Wasted Years (H on vocals)
9. Only The Good Die Young
10. Alexander the Great

You see, only songs that haven't been played live for a very very long time, only a few times or not at all, plus Paschendale because it's a great song and a special version of Wasted Years.

Only good songs die young
Crap stays in the set forever
Fossils on CD forever

tadadadaaadada tadadadaaadada

tadadadaaadada tadadadaaadada

Eddies Wingman said:
How many more posts before this thread goes to play with the Holy Hamster?

I think that's why posts here don't count on your total...

(11 posts till the Hamster)

Me thinks 10 songs on the new album. They will be over 6 minutes in length each, with 1 over 10 minutes. The opener will be 3-4 minutes long, and there will be one song featuring "Dreams."

Eddies Wingman said:
Do you mean you want the album to be inspired by "Reign in Blood"? As long as it's fast, it's great?  :p

Aside from the new faster version of 23:58, I never said the songs would be fast. I expect one of them to be 1:58 but with a tempo of only 58 beats per minute... a 2-beat drum intro, and then a 28-bar song. Despite this, Steve will still find a way to repeat the chorus 15 times somehow.

Back