New Iron Maiden studio album LEGACY OF THE BEAST

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
7B5030C4-EB72-4179-BB4E-83672E2C84C8.png

Steve: “The Book Of Souls was a massive album. Over ninety minutes long, two CDs, it was a culmination of everything we’d been working on up until that point. By the time all was said and done, we were at a loss for what to do and where to go next. But the solution to it all ended up being very simple: our next record would have to be bigger, better, and bolder than anything we had ever done before.”

Nicko: “We’ve been having any absolute blast on the Legacy Of The Beast tour, and we wanted to retain a lot of that energy for the album. It was a really organic decision to name this album, simply, ‘Legacy Of The Beast’. We’re also terribly sorry for the fans who missed this tour due to the coronavirus, so they’re still going to get a piece of it but with some of the new songs added to the next leg.”

Bruce: “I think the only thing that Steve was sure about was that he needed to one-up me in the epic department... (laughs) ...because he really came swinging this time around.”

Steve: “I wanted something huge, but I decided against writing it all myself. The title track is a six part epic and the result of a terrific career spanning forty five years, with every band member adding a piece to the overall puzzle. It’s simply the story of Maiden. It’s such a massive piece of work and we’re going to play every second live. In fact, it’s so big that we need another disc to house it all!”

Adrian: “Dave, Janick, and I all thought it would be cool to write a song as a trio. It’s a bit blusier than we’ve done before, but I think it works great. First instrumental since Powerslave, which is cool for the fans.”

Steve: “For the main record I did my best to keep things under five minutes. When you have the massive epic on the second disc, you want to give some variety on the first, so I cut up one of my epics into a three song saga which I think works well. But rest assured, there’s still a couple monsters lurking in the back half of the disc.”

Bruce: “All in all this is going to be a terrific album and we’ll see you on the next leg of the Legacy Of The Beast Tour!”

The album drops June 10th. Pre-orders begin April 6th.

Disc One:
  1. New Horizons (Dickinson / Smith / Harris) 4:56
  2. Day Of The Dead (Murray / Harris) 5:17
  3. The Darkness (Dickinson / Smith) 4:35
  4. Hallowed Ground (Gers / Dickinson) 6:19
  5. The Divine Comedy, Part I: Inferno (Harris) 4:17
  6. The Divine Comedy, Part II: Purgatorio (Harris) 3:39
  7. The Divine Comedy, Part III: Paradiso (Harris) 4:47
  8. Slingshot (Smith / Gers / Murray) 5:59
  9. The Man In The Iron Mask (Harris / Dickinson) 11:38
  10. Van Helsing (Dickinson / Smith) 3:16
  11. The Wind In The Willows (Gers / Harris) 12:29
Runtime: 1:07:12

Disc Two: The Legacy Of The Beast
  1. Chest Of Dreams (Gers) 7:19
  2. The River Of No Return (Murray) 6:18
  3. Cliffs Of Insanity (Smith) 5:17
  4. The Vicious Gamble (McBrain) 6:16
  5. Unchained (Dickinson) 8:15
  6. To Infinity... (Harris) 10:14
Runtime: 43:39

Collins obligatory official setlist prediction for 2021.

1. New Horizons
2. Burning Ambition
3. Two Minutes to Midnight
4. The Trooper
5. The Wind in the Willows (Dropped for Wrathchild after one show)
6. Day of the Dead
7. Run to the Hills (Bruce rides a real horse on stage)
8. The Darkness
9. Unchained (ft. Eddie Van Halen)
10. The Evil That Men Do
11. Flight of Icarus (Steve gets a flamethrower too)
12. The Man in the Iron Mask
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
—-
15. Number of the Beast
16. Death or Glory (ft. a live Chimp on stage)
17. Alexander the Great

Collins obligatory official setlist prediction for 2021.

1. New Horizons
2. Burning Ambition
3. Two Minutes to Midnight
4. The Trooper
5. The Wind in the Willows (Dropped for Wrathchild after one show)
6. Day of the Dead
7. Run to the Hills (Bruce rides a real horse on stage)
8. The Darkness
9. Unchained (ft. Eddie Van Halen)
10. The Evil That Men Do
11. Flight of Icarus (Steve gets a flamethrower too)
12. The Man in the Iron Mask
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
—-
15. Number of the Beast
16. Death or Glory (ft. a live Chimp on stage)
17. Alexander the Great
This is fake news because:

The title track [...] we’re going to play every second live.

1. Chest Of Dreams (Gers) 7:19

_38079040_carryon_ken150.jpg

@Diesel 11

Why did you omit the hidden track (I know we shouldn't talk about the leak but everyone knows about it)

The Divine Comedy, Part IV: Pasta Fagioli 4:20 (McBrain)

Damn, the cover art is nice! I’m happy to see plenty of shorter tracks but is a double album going to be too much? Then again, they’ve had 5 years to write it so...To be honest, I’m really surprised to see a new album this year, I didn’t think they would release one before 2021. :rocker:

WOW, some people have too much free time on their hands... Having said that, it's trully amazing work!

FUCK, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO’S EXCITED THAT MAIDEN ARE RELEASING AN ALBUM IN 2020?!
Cmon people, don’t be Debbie Downers just because it’s titled “Legacy of the Beast”.

Back