My son has confiscated my entire Maiden collection!

A

Anonymous

My son has confiscated my entire Maiden collection!

And I, as his father, couldn’t be more proud!

I’ve been a Maiden fan since I first saw them at an open air festival for their NotB tour. And I’ve been hooked ever since.

Now, I’m not a rabid collector of all things Maiden, mind you, but I’ve got every single CD and just about all of the videos/DVDs they have released so far, but let me get to my point.

My 16 year old son is now obsessed with all things Maiden.

He broke out my old record collection (every album up until Sit) and put them up on his wall, he has taken every one of my CD booklets from EVERY Maiden CD and reads them all as he listens to the music, he is constantly watching my Maiden DVDs and video tapes, took my McFarlane Eddie and displayed it in his room and, just recently, confiscated my Eddie patch from the AMoLaD CD and had my wife sew it onto the shoulder of his favorite jacket.

And I've recently been buying him (at his request, of course) Maiden T Shirts and posters.

Now this, my friends, is all good news. It is very interesting to observe this next generation of kids really embracing Maiden just like we old timers did around the same age as they are now.

What is ever cooler is that his girlfriend and some of his friends will hangout in the pool and chill while listening to Maiden in the background. And I’ve come home from work a few times and saw them all hanggin’ around the Big screen and watching DotR, RiR, and LaD.

Have any of you life long Maiden fans recently experienced the same resurgence of interest in Maiden with your kids, or kids you’ve seen about town?

And let me finish by saying this is one proud PAPA!

interestingpost01.jpg

DREAMASTER said:
I'm happy for you mate. I hope your son and friends spread the word.

Maverick, can't you be happy for the man?!

Any mention of children sends Mav into a bad mood...as sex-crazed as he is, he just can't seem to... :D

Yeah Mav has deep issues we're all to scared to delve too deep into for fear of never being able to find our way back.
Sounds cool to me :)

Thanks, guys, it is pretty kewl seeing the boy mimic my own youth (just hope he doesn't get into as much trouble). LOL...

Eltourer, you should PRAY he gets into trouble.Getting into trouble, and learning lessons from it, is part of growing up.

Awesome on the Maiden thing!!!!

IronDuke said:
Eltourer, you should PRAY he gets into trouble.Getting into trouble, and learning lessons from it, is part of growing up.

Awesome on the Maiden thing!!!!

No...avoiding trouble (or passing the blame onto someone else)...that's learning. :D

I know what you mean, Eltourer.

I don't have any kids myself but my 14-year-old nephew is an Iron Maiden fan since I gave him Best Of The Beast in his 9th birthday. The guy is absolutely crazy about Maiden - and Metal in general, and he even prays that they come to Venezuela again so that he can go and see them.

It is nice to see how a good music can be spread by an example. It's better than some invasive ways like "hey, listen to this, it is really great!". It makes me happy when people decide for themselves. Well, in my case, my brother kept playing X-Factor that I finally fell to the calling of the Beast :) And later, fellow Jedi Knight player was looking for some 3/4 tempo song, so I gave him Blood Brothers which sounded to me like that, hehe. And now he is aslo a Maiden fan :)

Hey !! Good thing...
My son is 11 and everytime he comes to my house I play Iron Maiden songs with my guitar and we watch the Rock in Rio DVD..together
his favorite song is The sing of the cross ! .....and he wants to be a drummer! 

In fact, my brother's son is two years old and he definitely likes Hallowed be Thy Name, always starts dancing hearing that :) And he is damn great rock fan, even learned Smoke on the Water riff (I think this one). I was shocked I heart him singing it :)

Well, it’s good to see I’m not alone in the ‘proud parent’ department when it comes to our kids growing interests in all things Maiden.

My only future hope is that one dayI’ll be able to bring him to a Maiden gig. 

Last time my wife and I saw Maiden was the Gimme ‘ed till I’m dead tour and, unfortunately, my son just wasn’t into music and/or Maiden at the time.

So hopefully they’ll swing back near my area for the History part 2 tour.

Now THAT would be epic!

Eltourer said:
So hopefully they’ll swing back near my area for the History part 2 tour.

They're not coming to your place this tour? We hope they'll arrive on summer 2007 here in the Czech Republic :)

Back