My mouse

MigDaimon

Trooper
Well, sorry for bothering you with such stupid thread but my mouse is really starting to become freaking nuts and there's nothing more annoying than its freaking behaviour.

Sometimes I move it and it does nothing. But most of time I move it left and then it goes right. Other times I simply put my hands on it and it clicks on things and move randomly on the screen

Its quite absurd ! I wander if my mouse has been visiting the Madness forum while I'm not looking at it.

Serious now: Does anyone of you have experienced something like this ? Mice running crazy and selecting things you don't want them to and clicking on buttons you really don't want them to click... ?

Any ideas how I can fixe it ? Aside from cleaning it inside, which I have already done...

Again, sorry for bothering you with my crazy mouse... [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Your mouse is possessed. Wave a dead black cat at it and the problem should be sorted. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Give the old mouse freedom and capture a new one. With [!--emo&:cheese:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cheesy[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cheesy[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] . That usually helps [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

He said he cleaned it, and I'm guessing he didn't pull apart an optical mouse to clean it as that would hardly do any good [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It works with a mouse ball, forgot to say [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm starting to think that maybe charlotte is right. Some of those weird little pieces inside of it, known also as eletronic components, must have gone nuts.... ah, maybe I can find a black cat ! [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Most of times this problem is ok, and sometimes even funny, but it can be quite annoying like the time I spent several minutes writting an e-mail to a cousin and when I was about to send it, the freaking little white creature run to the top left of the screen and hit the "back" button causing the total death of my e-mail... [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yea, it happens with the mouse on the student's room computer at the university but it is an optical mouse. My guess is that you have a program doing that, probably some sort of virus.

My mouse has been weird for so long it's normal. Quite a paradox there. Oh well, I should just put a cowbell beside it or something.

you could also learn to use your keyboard as it is faster than a mouse once you know how.

Yeah, the TAB button is particularly handy. You can navigate through links easily which is grimly necro. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Try the mouse on another computer... if it doesn't work properly with it, buy a new one. If it works properly with it, buy a new computer [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah, PCs can make you want to throw them out the window and buy a new one... so it can foul up so you break it and repeat the process [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Ummm, have you been using a mouse-pad? It could solve your problems, especially if you have n optic mouse.First time I boght my mouse, it acted really strange. But i wasn't using a mouse-pad. After i put one under the mouse, it worked perfextly.

PS-If you're thinking of buying a new one, think about getting one with long warranty. Mine has 3 years warrany, and it caost me about 13 euros...

Back