My hopes for the next album

A

Anonymous

It may be a little early, but here's what I hope for the upcoming Maiden works:

-The next album will be done by the current lineup
-They will not decide to radically change their style, as after "Seventh Son". I don't want the next album to be like Dance Of Death -or anything else-. In music, I like evolution, not radical change. Maiden should continue like they did: Evolve their style from their last album
-The album cover will be good. It doesn't have to be by Derek Riggs, but please, do something decent!
-They will announce their next tour dates early enough, there will be enough tickets, the venue will be at a reachable distance and the tickets will be cheaper than last time, so I can finally visit a gig!
-They will do two tours, with a best-of tour and an album tour, like last time
-Please, let the next album be good!

If this were to be Maiden's last album, I would love for it to be up there with Powerslave or Piece of Mind in quality. It would be the perfect ending of a great career. But since they might make another album after this, that's probably not the case.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jul 8 2004, 10:25 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jul 8 2004, 10:25 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] They will do two tours, with a best-of tour and an album tour, like last time [/quote]
No, No, Dear God NO!!

After they did GMETID in the US, they said that counted as their US tour for DoD. Consequently, millions of American Maiden fans (including myself) were deprived of seeing the new songs played live. Sure I got to see "Wildest Dreams" on GMETID and it was great, but I desperately wanted to see "Paschendale" and "Dance Of Death" live. I want to see the new songs next time!

Who says their policy on that would be like the last time?
I certainly DO want to hear a best-of setlist and an album setlist.
If their next album sells well in the US, they will probably do a better US tour.

For the next album, I want Maiden to change back to classic Maiden (NOTB,POM,Powerslave),the album will be done by the current lineup and,please,for the cover,BRING BACK EDDIE,DEREK!
(P.S This goes out to Perun. As far as I know,the next album will NOT be called Impaler. CHECK-MATE!)

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--](P.S This goes out to Perun. As far as I know,the next album will NOT be called Impaler. CHECK-MATE!)[/quote]

But they will tour Central Franconia! [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jul 9 2004, 10:40 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jul 9 2004, 10:40 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]But they will tour Central Franconia!  [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--][/quote]
(cough) YEAH RIGHT!

Oh yes they will! [!--emo&:viking:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/viking[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'viking[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-AncientMariner1309+Jul 9 2004, 10:38 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(AncientMariner1309 @ Jul 9 2004, 10:38 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] For the next album, I want Maiden to change back to classic Maiden (NOTB,POM,Powerslave,SiT),the album will be done by the current lineup and,please,for the cover,BRING BACK EDDIE,DEREK!
(P.S This goes out to Perun. As far as I know,the next album will NOT be called Impaler. CHECK-MATE!) [/quote]
How odd, considering the change in sound from Powerslave to SiT. I too would like to see Riggs return, but hey, as long as it's better than Dance of Death (anyone get the feeling that cover was a piss-take for the people who bitched about covers in the past?).

My personal hopes for the album:
Once again, the same kick-ass lineup.

Another over the top epic song. I don't care what it's based on, as long as it's got epic qualities. Literature, movies, history, whatever!

Dave Murray should write more on the upcoming album, and Steve should write less. I've always loved Dave's compositions; Charlotte the Harlot, Still Life, Deja Vu, Lightning Strikes Twice, Brave New World, Rainmaker. Let's have another one or two!

The harmony sound they've been evolving since Brave New World. Can it be taken a step higher? Lets find out. It's Maiden's best sound, in my opinion.

Dance of Death is right up there with the "classic" albums (Number of the Beast, Powerslave, and The X Factor); can we get one more to define them?

I don't mean to go all pantomimey here but OH NO THEY WON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that a lot of you are absolutely sick of The Trooper and would rather drink a bottle of acid that hearing it again on the next tour, but I've just thought that it would be cool for the opening if they played a recitation of "The Charge Of The Light Brigade" from tape and then crash onto the stage with that song... in my ears, that would rock [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

That'd be nice for a "best of" tour, I think. I'd hate to see that on an album tour.

[!--QuoteBegin-StrangerInAStrangeLand+Jul 8 2004, 06:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(StrangerInAStrangeLand @ Jul 8 2004, 06:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] If this were to be Maiden's last album, I would love for it to be up there with Powerslave or Piece of Mind in quality. It would be the perfect ending of a great career. But since they might make another album after this, that's probably not the case. [/quote]
People should stop talking about being everything their last thing they'll do. The only thing you'll reach with that is that they will think they are old and quite.

Back