'My Generation'

A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'My Generation' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'my Generation'

I don't know why it is but I seem to dislike any band which's name starts with "The". The Who is no exception and I especially disliked this song to begin with...

'my Generation'

This cover is by no means fantastic. Something is missing, but it's hard to pinpoint what is it.

Blaze's voice fits well with the song and the boys are playing it well, but there's not enough soul to qualify it as a good cover ---especially if you compare it with 'Doctor, Doctor' released at the same time !

3 stars.

Cheers

'my Generation'

Missing thing: the cruchy guitar sound that of Mr Townsend. There are 2 guitarists on this version but you hear Steve and Nicko the most. Blaze nails it well though.

Back