My First Iron Maiden concert experience

ftrez said:
Invader, I don't understand your questions.  Camden has a "pit" right in front of the stage where people stand, then stadium style seating, then an outdoor lawn section.  My seats in the 8th row were great, we could actually feel the heat from the fire blasts on stage.

Perhaps this is a misunderstanding on both sides. Invader, in the US, the venues have seating in the central area. There is always only very little, if any, space where people actually stand all the time.
ftrez, in Europe, the entire central area of a venue is the "pit", i.e. the only actual seats are on the stands. The seats are usually the less-desired (and cheaper) area, as most fans want to stand in the pit.
Hope that helps a bit.

I went to my first Iron Maiden concert on feb 22 - Monterrey, Mex , and it was way beyond my expectations.....probably best night of my entire life.....specially the 1st song after the encore I had in mind the possible set list but never could expected that song....
another thing that soprised me was that there were alot of kids(7-12yo).....(thats how I know Iron Maiden is gonna last for eternety)
I hope the keep performing for another 10years so I can bring my kids too

And the best of the best, finally I could hear the :
SCREAM FOR ME MONTERREY...(HEEEEEEEE)...SCREAM FOR ME MONTERREY...(HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)...THE IRON MAIDEN.....
:yey:
And the last song ....best ever......thats why I payed $1060 pesos ($100 US dlls)

And ofcourse after scream for 2hours got out of voice....for an entire week (wort it) :eek:

well this was my first post I hope you like it
thanks to you , to Iron Maiden , to eddie

Perun said:
Perhaps this is a misunderstanding on both sides. Invader, in the US, the venues have seating in the central area. There is always only very little, if any, space where people actually stand all the time.
ftrez, in Europe, the entire central area of a venue is the "pit", i.e. the only actual seats are on the stands. The seats are usually the less-desired (and cheaper) area, as most fans want to stand in the pit.
Hope that helps a bit.

Okay, yes it was a misunderstanding.  I said he was unlucky because I've only been seated once in a concert (Megadeth's), and that sucked big time.  Not being able to do pretty much anything but sit and watch (and clap at the end of songs I guess), as well as the very passive and cool audience that usually sits, did not leave a good impression.  I always prefer to be as up front as possible and movein a concert.  But I understand if you have kids come along then you pretty much have to sit; I wouldn't bring my 11-year old brother into the field, at least.

just seen Maiden for the first time on June 3rd in Vancouver (first time they've played here since 1988!). i went from being a casual fan to a believer. greatest concert i have ever been to. hope they come back again so i can bring my step-son. i did buy him a Canadian Maiden shirt from the show (Eddie in a Team Canada hockey jersey), now i wish i bought myself a shirt!

Invader said:
Okay, yes it was a misunderstanding.  I said he was unlucky because I've only been seated once in a concert (Megadeth's), and that sucked big time.  Not being able to do pretty much anything but sit and watch (and clap at the end of songs I guess), as well as the very passive and cool audience that usually sits, did not leave a good impression.  I always prefer to be as up front as possible and movein a concert.  But I understand if you have kids come along then you pretty much have to sit; I wouldn't bring my 11-year old brother into the field, at least.

Just because there are seat doesn't me we sit at the US concerts. We stand the whole time, jump and dance and pump our fists just like the people in the pit. Now this isn't true for those with seats in the very back, or the upper levels if the venue has them ... but the for the good seats in the center, we stand.

The seats are only there for 2 reasons:
1. To give you a place to sit and relax between bands.
2. To reserve your place, as opposed to struggling for the best position in the pit.

I've had an assigned seat for all 5 Maiden shows I've seen, and I've always stood for the whole concert. So has everyone else - in fact, you have to stand to see anything, because everyone else is.

That's very different from how it is here.  All (or most of) the proper fans are in the field going wild, and the people in the seats sit like their behinds were glued to the seats.  If it's a good song, they might politely clap after it.  The exceptions are usually only those who wanted to be in the field in the first place, but were unlucky enough not to get standing places.  But I've never been to a Maiden show, so I don't know about them; I guess (hope) the audience in the seats is a bit more active in them.

The sitting is sort of practical though, I guess.  It is a bit tiring on the feet to stand for hours. 

Back