Music to fall asleep to

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
I've fallen asleep to Estranged by Guns 'N' Roses three times in the past week.

Also when I'm travelling by bus, I'm usually asleep by the 2nd song of the first CD of Opeth's Lamentations album.

Anyone else have go-to sleeping music?

A lot of dull and long winding music would do. ;)

I do not pick one particular song because I know in advance it works. But at times, I do listen to albums when I go to bed and the next day I do not remember in which song I fell asleep.

I could go to sleep to most music I like. Jungle, hip hop and techno will sure as hell keep me awake, though.

I don't have any particular songs or genres that make me sleepy. But any music played at a low volume in the background, except if it is truly annoying music, will definitely not make me less sleepy.

I suppose some sort of very unobtrusive ambient music could do the trick but I can't help but paying attention to music so I don't think I've ever attempted to sleep with music on.

I can't fall asleep to music, personally. I'm a bit high maintenance when it comes to falling asleep, sounds, light and discomfort can keep me awake even when I'm very sleep deprived.

I'm a bit high maintenance when it comes to falling asleep, sounds, light and discomfort can keep me awake even when I'm very sleep deprived.
This. It can be super annoying. Just to think that in my teenage years I used to fall asleep listening to Chaos A.D.
However, these days I can occasionally fall asleep while listening to random documentaries.

This. It can be super annoying. Just to think that in my teenage years I used to fall asleep listening to Chaos A.D.
However, these days I can occasionally fall asleep while listening to random documentaries.

Especially if somebody else picks them.

I can't sleep to any music now, but I used to use Black Sabbath's Planet Caravan as my sleeping music. Now I just listen to some white noise. Out like a light.

Dream Theater - Repentance
Tool - Disposition/Reflection

Those should work wonders!

I’ve nearly fallen asleep to In The Nightside Eclipse and The Call of the Wretched Sea before.

Back