Music Like New Iron Maiden

EddiesMum

Prowler
We all know that there are bands out there trying to emulate Iron Maidens eighties output, but are there any bands that sound like modern Iron Maiden (X Factor through Final Frontier)

I'm really interested in this too. I really love what Maiden have evolved into, including the Blaze stuff. I see XFactor and VXI as a precursor to their style with the reunion era. They still sound like Maiden, especially FF and AMOLAD, but more 'progressive', you know?

I don't know about bands that sound like newer Maiden. But I'v been listening to a lot of Edguy recently. Edguy has always sounded very Helloween inspired, but their 2000 album The Savage Poetry sounds a lot like Iron Maiden. Particularly like the pre-BNW Bruce albums. It's quite amazing, because i know a ton of bands are inspired by IM, but none of them really sound like them. Edguy's The Savage Poetry is the only album i have encountered like this. Highly recommended even though you're looking for newer IM sounding music.

I'm really interested in this too. I really love what Maiden have evolved into, including the Blaze stuff. I see XFactor and VXI as a precursor to their style with the reunion era. They still sound like Maiden, especially FF and AMOLAD, but more 'progressive', you know?

I don't know about bands that sound like newer Maiden. But I'v been listening to a lot of Edguy recently. Edguy has always sounded very Helloween inspired, but their 2000 album The Savage Poetry sounds a lot like Iron Maiden. Particularly like the pre-BNW Bruce albums. It's quite amazing, because i know a ton of bands are inspired by IM, but none of them really sound like them. Edguy's The Savage Poetry is the only album i have encountered like this. Highly recommended even though you're looking for newer IM sounding music.

I've been a fan of Edguy for years now, even though their newer stuff is much more "hard rock" then the power metal they were putting out before. And the more progressive tingled modern Iron Maiden is amazing to me. I just wish more progressive bands had the melodic ear that the boys from Maiden do.

Back