Most rare maiden single?

elhefe

Trooper
I saw something about this twilight zone single in many websites and read that there were only 6 made and that one of em was sold lately for about 6000$
could anyone confirm this?

This was actually a mistake made at EMI. By the time they realised it and stopped the pressing, 3 to 6 records (depending on the source) had been made.

It is probably the rarest -- and most expensive for collectors! -- single Maiden ever made. Its usual price is around GBP 1,400 [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

More info [a href=\'http://www.geocities.com/jemoldo/twilightzonebrown.htm\' target=\'_blank\']here[/a]. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-elhefe+Aug 1 2004, 02:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(elhefe @ Aug 1 2004, 02:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I saw something about this twilight zone single in many websites and read that there were only 6 made and that one of em was sold lately for about 6000$
could anyone confirm this? [/quote]
yes, it is right - that is one of the most rarest items from maiden. it has been sold on ebay for 1200 british pounds a few weeks ago.

nobody really knows how many there are exactly out. the brown ones exist due to mistake while pressing the clear one.

this single was official released in clear and red vinyl. and after changing the press from red to clear they just forgot to clean the color tanks. so a few came out with mixed colors as brown vinyl. machine was stopped after a few seconds.

so who can how many singles exactly have been pressed during this time ?

I have about 15 copies for sale...
anybody interested? .... no?.... OK, forward to trash....

[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Just fooling around.... This is definitely the rarest piece of Maiden ever made....
[!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenaustria+Aug 6 2004, 12:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenaustria @ Aug 6 2004, 12:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I have about 15 copies for sale...
anybody interested? .... no?.... OK, forward to trash....

[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Just fooling around.... This is definitely the rarest piece of Maiden ever made....
[!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Ill have one maidenaustria!! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

10 GBP are too much?

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenaustria+Aug 8 2004, 09:16 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenaustria @ Aug 8 2004, 09:16 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] 10 GBP are too much?

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
I think so [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Aug 8 2004, 02:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Aug 8 2004, 02:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think so  [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]82113[/snapback]​
[/quote]

OK dude - I'll send you a copy for free.... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenaustria+Aug 10 2004, 02:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenaustria @ Aug 10 2004, 02:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]OK dude - I'll send you a copy for free....  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]82399[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Actually, it doesnt matter mate, the postage is going to be too much for you when you arent getting anything out of it, just use it on a fire or play frisbee with a stray dog. Enjoy! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Aug 10 2004, 10:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Aug 10 2004, 10:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Actually, it doesnt matter mate, the postage is going to be too much for you when you arent getting anything out of it, just use it on a fire or play frisbee with a stray dog. Enjoy!  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]82428[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
hilarious

but this is a serious thread.. better stop now hm? As soon Mav catches us... [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
that's taking collecting a little too far isn't it?
what's the big deal if there's a few slightly off in colour......it's still the same single.
Shit, I might dye mine & sell it if I can get that sort of money for it [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenaustria+Aug 10 2004, 10:46 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenaustria @ Aug 10 2004, 10:46 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
hilarious

but this is a serious thread.. better stop now hm? As soon Mav catches us...  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]82430[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] And we arent being serious?! In truth, the fabled Twilight Zone brown vinyl, most collectors would sell their own mothers just to one.... and failing that, the rest of their family! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You obviously dont understand the hobby of collecting then Wrathchild [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]You obviously dont understand the hobby of collecting then Wrathchild  [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]82462[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] oh I understand collecting alright but I just have higher priorities than the colour of a vinyl record (especially a record which in itself is not rare to begin with).
A rare dye run of something like the original Soundhouse Tapes I could appreciate but I'm sure I could buy more worthy stuff with $6000 than a common clear vinyl record record with a bit of red dye in it.
Sorry....just my $6000 opinion on it.

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Aug 11 2004, 10:48 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Aug 11 2004, 10:48 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  And we arent being serious?! In truth, the fabled Twilight Zone brown vinyl, most collectors would sell their own mothers just to one.... and failing that, the rest of their family!  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
You obviously dont understand the hobby of collecting then Wrathchild  [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]82462[/snapback]​
[/quote]

7thSon - you hit the point!

I couldn't explain it better!

Well, Wildestdream, there are "die-hard-and-sell-my-granny"- collectors and there are others....

That's good - Imagine there are only die-hards, we would have to work for a year to afford a MC....

The amount of these that were made determine its value. Seeing as there were only about 6 (Some say) Then that means it is going to make it worth more. If only 6 of the soundhouse tapes were made, it would fetch the same price, and would you not buy it then?

Back