Most anticipated songs

Which 3 songs from The Final Frontier are looking forward to most ?

• Satellite 15.. The Final Frontier

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • El Dorado

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mother of Mercy

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Coming home

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • The Alchemist

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Isle of Avalon

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Starblind

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • The Talisman

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • The Man who would be King

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • When the Wild Wind Blows

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters

Babo 91

Nomad
Obviously we are anticipating every song from the new album but based on rumoured song credits, titles or reviews, Which three songs are you looking forward to hearing the most?

I am looking forward to coming home the most as i hear it is a ballad with an awesome chorus, hopefully like journeyman. I am also looking forawrd to listening to the final frontier without the sound effects and Isle of Avalon as it just sounds really interesting. Apparently it also has an awesome solo.

Isle of Avalon should have interesting time changes and such going by the reviews but I'm still anticipating When The Wild Wind Blows most. As soon as the tracklist came out, I liked the name and as the album closer, it shouldn't disappoint.

I'm not really anticipating El Dorado or Final Frontier, because I have heard them ... I'd looking forward to the rest equally at this point.

The Man Who Would Be King, just to see if it has any connection to the movie.

Isle of Avalon, because it has a DAMN AWESOME name (and I hear it may be about King Arthur or something to that effect?), The Man Who Would be King (sounds like it's going to be epic), and When The Wild Wind Blows (Supposedly it is based on the graphic novel (?) about nuclear war and stuff. And also it's bleak, going by reviews. I like bleak). But I am really psyched for the entire album.

Why use spoilers anyway, the spoiler policy applies only to the information regarding the current tour.

it regards to the album too. I think someone has already been warned about it too. My 3 are MOther Of Mercy IOA and El Dorado just because im intrested in in how it connects to the rest of the album.

which songs do I anticipate the most? eee, well honestly, the entire second half of album, because Isle of Avalon is said to be a masterpiece according to many reviews, Starblind is written by the awesome trio Smith, Harris, Dickinson( hoping to hear fantastic lyrics, as Bruce tends to write), The Talisman could be another Harris, Gers composed epic,  The Man Who Would Be King is Dave's only contribution on the album so it must be great and I suspect that it has very melodic instrumental part and of course then there is Steve's When the Wild Wind Blows, which hopefully will blow us away  :D :shred:
just in case in spoiler :D

I am fully prepared to be suprised and blown away by the whole thing, but so far?
My top 3 anticipated songs are:
Coming Home - Supposedly exceptional potential live material
Isle of Avalon - Critics seem to think this is something special
WTWWB - 11 minute solely harris penned epic, it has potential to be their best yet.

How will I wait for the album to be released I wonder?

I'm not going to listen to any of the samples, but I'm anticipating the entire Satellite 15...The Final Frontier, Starblind, based on what it is about, and Where the Wild Wind Blows, it sounds like a Harris-only epic.

After hearing the samples, I'm by far more stoked by WTWWB than any other song. I wanna listen to it right now. It's stuck in my head. I was so mad when the samples were taken off Youtube beause I really wanna hear it again. :p

I hear Isle of Avalon, The Man Who Would be King, and When the Wild Wind Blows should be some of the longer, more epic ones. So my vote goes to those three.

Natalie said:
When the Wild Wind Blows

It's been 18 years. 18 years since Harris decided that his own penned epic is strong enough to close the album.
Just looking at this astonishing list of Harris-songs from the Dickinson era, gives me the chills:

1. Hallowed Be Thy Name (1982)
2. To Tame A Land (1983)
3. Rime Of The Ancient mariner (1984)
4. Alexander The Great (1986)
5. Mother Russia (1990)
6. Fear Of The Dark (1992)
7. When The Wild Wind Blows (2010)

Back