Mods/admins, can you add additional emotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
It sure would be nice to have a couple of head banging emotions such as these:
ROCKER.gif
shred.gif
1022.gif
Is it possible to add them?

The owner is jon at maidenfans dot com (his actual name is Jon Simpson).

Since Jon is rarely around, the people who "run" the forum are the Moderators - myself, LooseCannon, Perun and Shadow.

Sure, I can add them - do you have any idea what their text code should be (I.e. what you write to trigger them) from other boards?

Jon, I know DreamTheaterForums uses :metal: for their headbang emoticon, I'd suggest that.

Also, I'd be careful about adding the Eddie emoticon. I think it was discussed here years ago, and RealWorld chose not to add it because of copyright concerns (that specific emoticon was copyrighted by Maiden for their own forum, which is no longer active).

As a long term request, is it possible to build a system which allows members to upload their own emoticons? Upload the image, uploader gives it a code, everyone can use it kind of thing?

Jon said:
Sure, I can add them - do you have any idea what their text code should be (I.e. what you write to trigger them) from other boards?
Maybe:
:metal: :rock: and :rocker: ?

Hey Jon, as head admin here, I'm surprised you don't join in some of the chats more often. I take it you're quite a busy man.
Also, if you do add them, could you please make at least of the part of the main ones to choose from instead of putting them in the "more" section? Thanks again! :)

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Maybe:
:metal: :rock: and :rocker: ?

Hey Jon, as head admin here, I'm surprised you don't join in some of the chats more often. I take it you're quite a busy man.
Also, if you do add them, could you please make at least of the part of the main ones to choose from instead of putting them in the "more" section? Thanks again! :)

Head admin is the wrong term - the mods here do a great job running the board and do a far better job than I would have time to do. I keep things running behind the scenes and try to make myself as available as possible. I'll add the smilies and take them down if there is any complaint, although they seem to be quite commonplace - we're not really exploiting them for any commercial gain being fan site and all..

Cheers.

I'm closing this thread for the time being, since it's been attracting a lot of spammers recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back