Moderator Voting Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real World

Maindenfans.com Founder
The voting for Maidenfans moderator is now open to all members of the Maidenfans community. Please vote for ONE user who you feel will be the best moderator for Maidenfans. You should consider that the member should be a regular visitor/contributor to the forum and should be able to moderate without bias.
The members have all provided their "manifesto" for election which can be read below. Please read these before voting.
Only one vote is allowed per member. All votes are saved with IP's, email addresses and member names so any cheating and voting for one member over and over will result in the cheating member being banned.
Voting is open for one week.

LooseCannon: I think I'd be the ideal candidate for the position. I'm a highly assertive person, with the ability to form compromises, or to help two people to form compromises. I'm discreet, and able to handle problems via PMs, rather than by screaming at kids in the open chats. This doesn't mean I'm a wimp, though. I can, and will, act when necessary to protect the status quo of the board, including small things, such as moving posts to the proper forums, or massive things, like deleting racist/insulting/or otherwise inappropriate threads. I believe the power to ban isn't one to be used lightly, and I believe that a user must repeatedly violate the rules of conduct before being banned.

I'm respectful to other users; in my year and a half (approximately) on this board, I've managed to make many friends from the other posters. I visit the board at least once a day, and often more than that, so everyone can count on me to be on top of issues that pop up. I'm in a later timezone than the current moderators, so I can deal with issues that may arise after all the European mods have gone to bed.

Most of all, I feel I would be a great Maidenfans moderator because I care about the site and this forum. Posting here has been a great experience, and I would love to have the ability to help maintain the level of awesome we've achieved.

Shadow: I've been here for quite some time, have always been friendly and helpful to everyone, and was never involved in any of the "newbie bashing" which went on some months ago. I also have a fair lot of moderating experience from other Maidenfans forums.

dogigniter: well i suppose i feel i would make a good moderator for a number of reasons:

1. I'm usually/always around the website
2. I'm well known around the place, by everyone
3. I'm not a n00b
4. I can deal with people who don't obey rules

people should vote for me? because:

1. After all this complaining about n00bish behaviour, something needs to be done if it happens again to correct the n00b's style, and point towards 'For Newbies'. Thats not a problem for me

SinisterMisterX : The reason that I think I would be a good moderator is because I've been an active member of this forum for over a year, and I think I have a very good feel for what the other regulars want this forum to be like. I feel that I am a mature and open-minded person, and I would handle my duties in a manner that shows it. I think that public ridicule of "n00bs" is something to be avoided, but it would be my job as mod to communicate with new members by PM if their posts don't follow the standards which most posters adhere to. I am of the opinion that any problems on the forum are best solved by seeking cooperation from the offenders first, rather than resorting immediately to punitive actions ... though I would not hesitate to use punitive actions if more polite methods failed. In short, I would try to keep the level of intelligent conversation up to the standard that attracted me to this forum in the first place, but I would do it with a spirit of tolerance for the differing opinions and styles of other posters.

The_7th_Son: I think that i'd be a good moderator for this site because of my love of maiden and the dedication i would show to the position. I enjoy visiting this board and talking to the many great members.
It would be a great honour to become a maidenfans moderator and if you want someone who will show dedication to the moderator position, vote for me! Thanks!

TheRainmaker385: I think I should be moderator because I'm a fresh face around here!

Scream for Me Stockholm: As i've been on the board for a while now i've learned common sence and how to behave on a forum such as this. During this time i've seen how Real World, Maverik and other mods in different parts of the forum have dealed with users who don't obey the rules. I also have some small moderating experiences from the tab-forum, although it's quite dead. So Vote for me and i'll give you a "better" forum, as some pressident candidate would say!

Black Ace: I have been here for a little over two months and I learnd it the hard way what you get if you post crap, and LOTS of it on the board...But now, I'm trying to show everyone how to post if they want to be here for a while...Vot can make a change...vote for the young ones, they're the ones who can make a change

agdabavipain Failed to send their manifesto in time

I voted for myself, is that illegal? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Erm. Will this be first-past-the-post style or will we drop losing candidates until we have a 50%+1 majority?

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Oct 4 2004, 10:51 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Oct 4 2004, 10:51 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I voted for myself, is that illegal? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]88220[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Nope. Event the president of the USA is allowed to vote for himself [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Oct 5 2004, 05:25 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Oct 5 2004, 05:25 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Erm.  Will this be first-past-the-post style or will we drop losing candidates until we have a 50%+1 majority?
[snapback]88236[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Unless the voting is stupidly close at the end it will be winner takes all [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

This one is very tight at the moment [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Or not! LC is already lucky enough to have a good position on this board being an 'officially recognised historian' and all.

I'm pretty surprised that Scream for me Stockholm and Shadow do not have a single vote yet... [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

D'oh, had I not allready used my vote, I'd give it to my fellow Scandinavian [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

But there's scaringly few votes for such an important poll, don't you think?

[!--QuoteBegin-Brelum+Oct 5 2004, 03:16 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Brelum @ Oct 5 2004, 03:16 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]But there's scaringly few votes for such an important poll, don't you think?
[snapback]88275[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It's only been up one day so far and I've not advertised it much. I'd put it on the news forum but unless you visit the forum its meaningless to most Maiden fans

Hey there people, I guess I do have access to the net. At least, long enough to vote for meself... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm shocked that i actually have votes! Thanks for all that have voted me so far! You are gods in the_7th_son's eyes! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nearly there! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Vote for me maidenfans!! I need to start making badges!
Perhaps a television ad!

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Oct 5 2004, 07:52 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Oct 5 2004, 07:52 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I need to start making badges!
[snapback]88300[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Badgers? We dont need no stinking badgers! [/end Blazing Saddles quote]

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Oct 5 2004, 07:10 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Oct 5 2004, 07:10 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It's only been up one day so far and I've not advertised it much. I'd put it on the news forum but unless you visit the forum its meaningless to most Maiden fans
[snapback]88283[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You forgot to put the link to this thread into your announcement. Wouldn't be better to put it here and remind all regular Maidenfans.com members ?

It's very hard to chose between all these great candidates...

Cheers

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Oct 5 2004, 07:16 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Oct 5 2004, 07:16 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Badgers? We dont need no stinking badgers! [/end Blazing Saddles quote]
[snapback]88302[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well if you dont want a B*DGER maybe i can cancel that order!! How about 7th son pens and posters?

Im falling behing the rest!! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The Saint+Oct 5 2004, 08:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Saint @ Oct 5 2004, 08:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]You forgot to put the link to this thread into your announcement. Wouldn't be better to put it here and remind all regular Maidenfans.com members ?

It's very hard to chose between all these great candidates...

Cheers
[snapback]88307[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Bollocks. Thanks for letting me know :s

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Oct 5 2004, 10:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Oct 5 2004, 10:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well if you dont want a B*DGER maybe i can cancel that order!! How about 7th son pens and posters?

Im falling behing the rest!!  [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]88312[/snapback]​
[/quote]
What about "7th sons real 100 dollar bills"?
Free for everybody!

I'd be happy to make those, although they wouldnt actually be legal tender. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Bleedin' hell! 11 votes for LC now!!

I've voted in all conscience and I say "good luck !" to everyone [!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back