Metallica

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich has revealed to Launch that the group's current Summer Sanitarium Tour is going so well this year that the band is thinking about expanding the Sanitarium concept to the winter, and bringing the tour to arenas.

"I think you could take the concept out of the stadiums and you could do Winter Sanitarium," Ulrich said. "I mean there's a lot of things you could do with the name Sanitarium. So, I just don't want to get stuck into kind of stadiums in the summer because obviously that's a special thing every couple three, four, five years or whatever when it feels right. And after this tour, which is obviously turning out awesome, but now we want to play indoors."

METALLICA are reportedly in the process of scheduling dates for a late winter North American tour starting in February, but nothing has been confirmed at press time. The band's Summer Sanitarium 2003 Tour, which features LIMP BIZKIT, LINKIN PARK, DEFTONES, and MUDVAYNE, will wrap up on August 10 in San Francisco.

Back