Metallica

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
A video of METALLICA rehearsing their song "Creeping Death" prior to the band's concerts in South Africa in March has been posted online. Check it out in the Windows Media format: 300KB, 100KB.

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich recently told England's Kerrang! magazine that the band's new music has a more "old-school" sound than its controversial 2003 release, "St. Anger", according to Launch Radio Networks. He told the magazine that the group has gone back to an earlier method of songwriting, explaining, "Everything you hear on ('St. Anger') was given birth to in the studio. This time around we've each brought in ideas as we used to — as well as working on some jams we had from two summers ago — and James (Hetfield) and I are sorting through our CDs of riffs to put together stuff as we did back in the day."

Ulrich said the new material is "much more organic, more old-school. It certainly doesn't feel like 'St. Anger Part Two'."

The drummer still defended the band's eighth studio album, which drew criticism for its underproduced sound. "'St. Anger' was a statement, 55 minutes of brutality packed onto a CD, proving to ourselves that we still had the spark," he said. "'St. Anger' was fun but we don't need to make that album again."

Ulrich said that the band has six or seven songs nearly completed for its next release, which is due out in early 2007. The band is working with producer Rick Rubin after 15 years with Bob Rock behind the board.

METALLICA will play some European and Japanese festivals this summer.

Frontman James Hetfield will be honored at the second annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert on Friday, May 12 in Hollywood, California.

Vitamin said:
In Other words........Another weak album.

Did you even think of waiting until it's released and listening to it before making judgements?

No, I didn't think so. Do us all a favor, and shut yer hole until the album is released.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Did you even think of waiting until it's released and listening to it before making judgements?

No, I didn't think so. Do us all a favor, and shut yer hole until the album is released.

Carefull that Vein on your forehead might burst? -_-

Did I think?.....Yes!, Do I want to listen to a new Metallica album?......No!, I'm not a fanatic of them and so, I have no desire to follow their career, Nor have I ever had.

Plus,  I have a right!, To express a differing opinion on this message board, As it's in the public domain and for the use of the expressing of various opinions, Is it's sole purpose.

Vitamin said:
Plus,  I have a right!, To express a differing opinion on this message board, As it's in the public domain and for the use of the expressing of various opinions, Is it's sole purpose.

And when that opinion is based on nothing more than mere conjecture - nay, even worse, conjecture without any supporting evidence - the rest of us have a right to ridicule your foolishness.

Would you care to stick your foot any further into your mouth? Go right ahead. We'll be waiting.

Vitamin said:
To be fair, you did'nt express an opinion on the new Metallica album as you've yet to hear it.

Back