Metallica Survivor finished: Final Report

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Creeping Death

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • One

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Re: Metallica Survivor FINALS: 5 songs left... (Nov 14-16)

Master of the Black Rides the Lightning!

It seems the final 3 will be Creeping Death, Master of Puppets and One - and for me, it was an almost random choice. These are the greatest songs of their respective albums, and all three belong to the top shelf of metal songs. I simply can't say I like one of them much more (or less) than the others. However, I think Creeping Death doesn't have the status it deserves among casual metal listeners. Master of Puppets and One are always mentioned when people talk about their favourite Metallica songs, hell - everyone have heard them. But for me, Creeping Death is the definition of kick-ass. 6+ minutes of pure kick-ass.

Eddies Wingman said:
But for me, Creeping Death is the definition of kick-ass. 6+ minutes of pure kick-ass.

I hear ya! The others are great as well but this one is great from the beginning till the very end.

However, I want to stress that I immensely love the last two minutes of Fade to Black. That Maidenish guitar harmony is so intensely beautiful. One of the best I have ever heard, including Maiden! That solo on top of it is the cream on the cake.

I concur with everyone saying that Creeping Death is an excellent song that deserves more recognition. The middle segment is so awesome live or on record. It's also pretty catchy for such a heavy song.

Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first born men!

Forostar said:
However, I want to stress that I immensely love the last two minutes of Fade to Black. That Maidenish guitar harmony is so intensely beautiful. One of the best I have ever heard, including Maiden! That solo on top of it is the cream on the cake.

Another of the highlights on an excellent album. I think both the intro and outro of Fade to Black are excellent pieces of music. Too bad Hammet is often ruining that outro solo with his wah-wah abuse. I prefer the version on the album to most live versions I've heard.

Lightning, Fade to Black, Master.......  Creeping Death live is sublime and One brings back great memories of my first foray into the world of metal as a young lad.

Re: Metallica Survivor FINALS: 4 songs left... (Nov 16-18)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

The #5 song is: Ride The Lightning
4 songs left...
Reminder: you only get 2 votes this round, and only 1 vote when we get down to three songs left.

The top ten Metallica songs:
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. Ride The Lightning
6. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
7. Battery
8. Suicide And Redemption
9. All Nightmare Long
10. Sad But True

Fade To Black, Creeping Death

Re: Metallica Survivor FINALS: 4 songs left... (Nov 16-18)

One and Creeping Death.
I had my winner in my head from the first round, but it seems it's going down this round. I'll go for MoP then.

Re: Metallica Survivor FINALS: 3 songs left... (Nov 18-20)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

The #4 song is: Fade To Black
3 songs left...

The top ten Metallica songs:
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. Fade To Black
5. Ride The Lightning
6. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
7. Battery
8. Suicide And Redemption
9. All Nightmare Long
10. Sad But True

Creeping Death

Re: Metallica Survivor FINALS: 3 songs left... (Nov 18-20)

Think I've already explained why I think Creeping Death should win this thing.

My vote in this round goes to Master of Puppets.

Back