Metallica Survivor 2013: Results Thread - Fade to Black wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Eliminated:
Orion
The Shortest Straw

Metallica has joined the battle!

Holier Than Thou
Don't Tread On Me
Nothing Else Matters
The Struggle Within

Of Wolf and Man rocks. Amazing rhythmic flow between the hits of drums and guitars and the wording of the lyrics.

Call of Ktulu
Harvester of Sorrow
Holier Than Thou
Through the Never
The Struggle Within

Let's see how the Metal mindset of "You must hate the Black Album" plays out here.::)

The Black Album is just a great piece of work. Everything is rock solid on that album. Tracks don't feel like compositions, they feel like songs. Lyrics and music fit perfectly in a melodic and rhythmic fashion almost every time. Production is masterful, arrangmenets are powerful. Some weaker tracks like Struggle Within and Holier Than Thou drag it down a bit but definitely a 4,5/5 album for me.

I found it a bit boring when I was a "pure metal" guy but have grown to like it after I went pass that period.

I like the The Black Album too. Just not super fond of the songs I chose. It is definitely a good listen all the way through.

Meh, I'm not a pure metal guy either and I don't care for it. I don't even care that it isn't thrash, it bores me.

Grew up with Metallica and Guns N' Roses in the early 90s so yes, this album will always appeal to teenage-me :D

For once I agree with the majority about the weakest song: Struggle Within is definitely it.

Bell
Ktulu
Battery
Harvester
Sandman
Sad
Holier
Wherever
Of Wolf
The God
My Friend
The Struggle

As you can tell from my votes, I don't really like The Black Album.

Never said it was.

Well I used the "pure metal guy" term for my case only, I don't think it has to with the appreciation of the album in general. Since you used the term but in a contradictory way to mine (Starting with "meh", which sounds like you thought my point wasn't convincing), it came out that way.

Eliminated:
Holier Than Thou
The Struggle Within
Through the Never
The God That Failed

Back