Metallica Owes Everything to Maiden

Almost every metal band owes something to Maiden except Judas Priest and Black Sabbath. Metallica is and awesome band and Nirvana is just plain horrible. Metallica's older stuff is much better than their newer horrible stuff.

[!--QuoteBegin-Rah1+Apr 12 2005, 01:26 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Rah1 @ Apr 12 2005, 01:26 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I agree.
Metallica was great. Keyword was great. I have lost all respect for them now. They are no longer the band they used to be and will never be the band they used to be. Maiden on the other hand is still going strong and will be strong for many years to come. Up the Irons!
[snapback]101990[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I agree entirely with you...
We must admit thay Metallica WAS a great band and had very good material. Then, they started being commercial and all that sh*t happened.

I really don't like to think that bands "owe" anything to older bands. Every band has to have some influence, noticeable or not, from another band. For instence, back in the day when Chuck Berry was around, American rock was influenced by black jazz bands and such. I like some of Berry's stuff, but I don't think he "owes" anything to black music at the time. Metallica, Slayer, and other bands don't "owe" anything to Maiden. If that is so than technaclly Maiden "owes" everything to a good number of bands before them, but you don't hear anybody say that!

Back