Metallica cover Maiden, Surprised no One started a thread on this yes

nick f

Prowler
On the new Metallica album, CD#3 They cover Remember Tomorrow, pretty good actually I like it better than the Di'Anno version.

Discuss

Nick F

It's been out for years. It's a great cover and is superior to the original, probably due to the advancements in musical quality.

One of the best Maiden covers out there. I like that they give it their own twist, particularly with the intro, but it is all done in the Maiden spirit. Exactly what a cover should be.

Opeth's is awesome too. A perfect song for them to cover.

Metallica's cover ruins the calm parts by playing them too fast. Lars' fills are super shit. Or more accurately "fill" since he only seems to know one.

Anthrax and Opeth's covers are close in quality, but I'd give the advantage to Anthrax due to vocals being a bit more rough.

Does anybody actually know where the cover was first released? It doesn't seem to feature on any official Metallica release. All traces lead back to this tribute album, but I am dead certain I've had an MP3 of the cover since 2003 or so.

I have that album, it was a freebie with kerrang. I do believe its likely to be the source.

The tribute album was the first I heard of it.

Or more accurately "fill" since he only seems to know one.
:funnypost:
Does anybody actually know where the cover was first released? It doesn't seem to feature on any official Metallica release. All traces lead back to this tribute album, but I am dead certain I've had an MP3 of the cover since 2003 or so.
This one from 2008.
R-1406870-1217004131.jpeg.jpg

Various ‎– Maiden Heaven - A Tribute To Iron Maiden
Label:
Kerrang! Magazine ‎– # 1219
Format:
CD, Compilation
UK
Released:
19 Jul 2008

EDIT: They also did a short version from 1 and a half minute, live (unofficial release):
https://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Garage-Days-Pt-II/release/682986

Sorry, didn't see the link. Yeah, I also thought it was longer ago, but forgot if that was a studio or live version.

Yes could be. But they didn't do a studio version I think?

I don't distinctly remember anything about it being studio or live. In fact, now that I try to revisit it, I don't remember anything about it at all.

Back