MELVYN GRANT / FINAL FRONTIER TOUR POSTER?

shadowpants

DEEPER GREY CAME TO MOURN
Not sure if I'm out of the loop on this one, but has anyone found out who has done the
final frontier tour poster artwork? I would bet money on Melvyn Grant. When I was looking at it,
I noticed some similar stylistic things to his other work (Death on the Road in particular)
1st...the fascination with brain matter
2nd...the red eyed zombie looking eddie
3rd...the slime kind of hanging/flying off things (look at eddies reaper blade on DOTR cover)
4th...the digital painting "glow" on parts of the work.

Maybe this info is known already, but I haven't been able to find out who did it...but I would bet its M. Grant.

Personally I REALLY don't like it. (I am hoping it is just for the tour poster)
Its just too much...too GRRR RRROOOAAARR..Im an evil, space, zombie, disintegrating, melting (not really eddie at all) kind of random thing.

I'm hoping that Tim Bradstreet of AMOLAD will return for the main artwork. He did the best cover since 7th son....and hopefully he will just do better again
this time.
Sadly, digital painting has ruined many artists. Poor Derek Riggs...take a look at his website and see the CRAP he has done for other random bands in full glory digital horror.
Its a shame, because his eddies up untill 7th son were earthy, raw and painterly, and full of strong visual ideas, concepts, colour and composition.

Anyways, rant rant, if anyone knows any info about the artwork, please reply.
I've already asked Tim Bradstreet on his facebook group page..5 or 6 days ago. No Reply.
Time will tell I guess.

I highly doubt it's the actual album artwork, as that would be "blowing the load" a little soon.  In addition, while I do like the new Eddie, it think it resemble's Motorhead's "Snaggletooth" mascot a bit much.  But the idea of a space-ish album gets my dingy hard just thinking about it.

Back