Megadeth

Should I see them with Scorpions next month ?

I'll see them at Bloodstock festival next weekend. Not surprised about Mustaine's voice sounding like crap - he's sounded poor for a few years now. He was fine when I first saw them ten years ago but about four years ago I noticed him struggling more and more live.

So....

Today, our drummer @VerbeurenDirk and I start @Megadeth Album 16 with Dystopia co-producer and @Grammy winning partner Chris Rakestraw at my side again. No Rest For The Wicked! (relax...that’s not the new title). ;) (Link)

The reports are true. Will be interesting to see what they come up with this time.

As long as Kiko is in the band I think they will be doing alright. He is by far their best guitarist in the band's history.

As long as Kiko is in the band I think they will be doing alright. He is by far their best guitarist in the band's history.
We talking live or in studio? I would advocate for Marty Friedman personally, but that's just off of Rust In Peace. The rest of the stuff he did with the band kinda wavers guitar-wise. Kiko is very, very strong though, so yeah, I remain hopeful.

You never know with Mustaine indeed but I think with the success of Dystopia they are gonna stick to the same formula for the new album...

Both. Kiko is awesome in the studio, he was pretty awesome live too. I got too see him do the Hangar 18 solos from side stage last year.

I'm expecting something really safe. The Big 4 are all done creatively.
Not so with Anthrax. Their last two albums have both been excellent and as good as their classic material. Slayer left their creativity in the mid-80s and when Metallica bother to release anything they have flashes of interesting music amongst the tedium. I feel that Megadeth suffer from excessive output though. It's great that Dave Mustaine is still motivated to make new music every 3 years but if he took his time and released half the number of albums since 'The System Has Failed' then there would be three albums of great music. Instead he gets in the studio, makes whatever he can and releases half-baked albums.

. It's great that Dave Mustaine is still motivated to make new music every 3 years but if he took his time and released half the number of albums since 'The System Has Failed' then there would be three albums of great music. Instead he gets in the studio, makes whatever he can and releases half-baked albums.
I agree with this, however Dystopia is a massive outlier.

Back