Marina and the Diamonds - Froot
  1. Happy - This is much better than most of the previous album. It's a slow start but it builds really well. I like it. 4.5
  2. Froot - This song is fucking amazing. The lyrics aren't mindblowing but they're very well constructed. Marina's use of her low vocals through most of the song is masterfully done, and when she goes higher it's just so good. 5
  3. I'm A Ruin - I love this music. It's so elegant. Marina sounds wonderful yet again. I like the style of the album much more than I did Electra Heart's. 5
  4. Blue - Quite nice poppy song. I dig it. 4.5
  5. Forget - Godfuckingdammit this song is awesome. Best song on here after "Froot". 5
  6. Gold - It's nice, but a little too slow for what happens throughout. 4
  7. Can't Pin Me Down - Verse melody was different than I expected but the chorus makes up for everything. Great stuff. 4.5
  8. Solitaire - The verse is eerily similar to "The Phantom Of The Opera" (Andrew Lloyd Webber's), but I quite like it. Goody stuffs. 4.5
  9. Better Than That - This song is so good. I love it. 5
  10. Weeds - Shit shit shit shit. This is awesome too. 5
  11. Savages - This song is awesome too. Really interesting take on the whole shitfest we call the human race. 5
  12. Immortal - These fucking lyrics are so good. Amazing closer. 5
Yep, this is her best album, unless the next one is even better. Awesome awesome awesome.

Rating: 95%

So what do you think about Ancient Dreams? I like the first half a lot, I feel like that second half of songs basically blend into each other and are overall not very exciting (but from those I prefer I Love You But I Love Me More).

I think Love + Fear is probably her worst (as seems to be the common opinion from her fandom). I remember listening to it over and over throughout 2019 but the novelty wore off afterwards. When it comes to FROOT, it was basically the opposite. I initially didn't care for most of the songs, and then I listened to them more carefully and realized they were almost all great ones. Gold is probably the most understated one and the one that it took me the longest to listen to it. It's a very honest album overall.

I still like some from L+F, but rarely do I listen to them, they are rather simple in both music and lyrics. She recently went on to confess that some of her songs were a result of trying to convince herself that she was happy and satisfied with her life. And to be honest, it shows. Some of the songs seem almost falsely optimistic, I don't know how to explain it any other way.

Back